Spray Waxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever used these? Just curious as to what your favorites are.

I bought a bottle of Turtle Wax Express Shine and gave it a try. It's ALOT easier to apply than the paste wax and the results seemed to be about the same. The downside I found (and expected) is that the shine doesn't last as long.

At about $5 per bottle you can afford to apply it a little more often. My bottle is almost empty so I was wondering if there were any good spray waxes out there to try.

What's your favroite spray wax?

There aren't a lot of these products on the market but there are a few decent ones. The two biggest problems with these products are, as you mentioned, a lack of durability (sometimes only a week or two in summer or winter conditions) and the products inability to remove swirls, light scratches, and oxidation. Spray waxes work best on new or like new paint that needs no real polishing.

A good choice is Stoner Speed Bead or Bead Max. I've seen them at places like AutoZone or Advance. Also the newly reformulated Meguiar's Quik Wax is supposed to be good. This stuff is available everywhere.

I like spray waxes for a little burst of protection during winter months when its too cold to be out waxing. But these products are really best used as enhancers between normal wax jobs instead of replacing wax.

I use a product called dri-wash. They claim its a waterless car wash, which I would NEVER do. Use it on a clean car like you do any other wax. Its quick easy and last a long time.

the thing i dont like about these waxes is that they put a very thin layer of wax...usually after a day the wax is gone, i think its a waste.

quote:

Originally posted by digitaldrifter91:
the thing i dont like about these waxes is that they put a very thin layer of wax...usually after a day the wax is gone, i think its a waste.

Only a day?? I've never had one go that quick. The Turtle Wax Express Shine lasted about 2 weeks as far as a "just waxed" look. A month later in 90-100F sun the sides are still looking good, however the hood, top, and trunk aren't so shiney.

When it's 95+ outside I definatly prefer spraying and finishing the job in 1/4 of the time!

ok maybe i overstated...hehe but they dont last as long..yet some people use these spray waxes in place of wax...thats a no no.

i been detailing cars for years....i rarely use spray wax...

Has anyone here tried the Eagle One Wax as U Dry?

The instruction says that spray onto the car while the car is wet from wash then dry and buff at the same time.

So this is like between actual wax and the spray wax.

I wonder how long these wax can last.

Sorry about posting the question here, I don't want to start a new topic just for one product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back