Great Car Polish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not one that easily gets excited about car products. Actually, I'm usually pretty sceptical about most things I read on the net. But I wanted to share with the board a car polish I recently used with spectacular results. The company is called Zaino Bros'. I used the Z5 polish with the ZFX additive and the Z6 spray gloss enhancer on my truck last weekend. A little goes a long way. I used about 2 ozs. of polish for the entire truck which included three coats on the hood, roof and fibergalss bed lid. You can layer the polish and it shines better than anything I have ever used. It also conceals swirl marks. Its not cheap but in my opinion, worth it. http://www.zainobros.com/index.shtml

Uh-oh. If you go to any auto care board the mere mention of "Zaino" invokes bitter in-fighting between folks that like Zaino and folks that don't. The "Zainists in many cses feel that its their god given right to convert everyone who doesn't use this product
smile.gif
. I have never used the product, but I have seen the results during auto shows. Definitely good stuff. Right now I use 3M Imperial Hand Glaze and Collinite FleetWax/McGuiars #26 Yellow. For my next showcar-I'll go to the Zaino
smile.gif

Well I used it once but never again.

I have no major complaints but most won't tell you how much work it takes to use the product and thats why I won't do it again.

[ February 25, 2003, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Mike ]

I love Zaino, because I'm lazy!
grin.gif
The stuff goes on easy and wipes off easy and can be used in the hot sun without a problem. And it lasts a long time if you use their Z7 wash also. So that means I don't need to wax it so often, although when I first started using it I would do it once every few weeks, but now that I have a young son at home, my time spent waxing my car is reduced quite a bit.
smile.gif
I end up doing maybe two coats per car each year now, one in the spring and a second one in the middle of summer. I usually like to do another in the fall, but last year the cold weather kinda hit real quick and I never got the chance.

I have tried tons of different waxes and polishes, but since I started using Zaino in 98, I've had no desire to go back to any of them.

I think I've used most of the waxes and as far as I'm concerned, plain old Zip Wax is hard to beat. I know before someone says its a cheap wax, that is right, but its easy on, and a hard wax, and will out last most of the high priced ones and look as good as, at least most of them. So for the real cheap price, and ease of doing, I'll save a lot of time and money useing it. And my cars will keep looking as good as when I bought them.

i am a private detailer and i got to say that stuff rocks!! i love it on a really dark colored car becuase it really shows the color...i understand that some poeple have problme using products like these but to me its jsut another daily routine....right now i use meguires due to cost reasons, but the 3 step process is great and i get long lasting results as well. if i were to try and match up with zaino i would have to use about 5 coats of polish and then top it off with wax....

http://www.angelfire.com/ri/RacerInc/mycar.html

thats a pic of my car, dont mind the last picture of my drivers side...its been raining alot here and i havent cleaned that up...

that car basically took about 3 hrs. claybar, polish, wax. o and its smooth as glass...hehe if u want to donate zaino be my guest LOL...

i tried that zip wax and i get better results with meguires. but everyone has their favorites, u may like that one and it works for you. no problem there =).

I have used the REAL Zymol Volvo wax. Not bad.

Then I tried Griot's Garage - Best of Show Wax. Holy MOSES!! Don't be fooled, it's a liquid and it's medium easy to apply, but the results = stunning.

Well, I might add, with my useing Zip Wax, I guess I did cheat a little. My grandson use to work for a detailer, and I bought a gal. of their polish, that they used in the business. So the Zip is over that, so it might not work as good alone, but I do know they have the best grade of carnuba wax in the Zip Wax, so it does a good job of staying. And it beads longer than most of the waxes I have used in the past years, and I'm 69 so there has been a few of them, always hunting for the best shine and protectant.

Have used Liquid Glass in the past but am now using One Grand Blitz carnuba wax on my Classic Mustang. Use 3M Imperial Hand Glaze followed by their Perfect-it paste wax on my daily driver Toyota truck. I would consider trying the stuff though. How much money are we talking here in cdn?

Hey Zaino lovers... go to Carquest and get yourself some Duragloss 111 Clearcoat polish, and 601 polish prep.

Same stuff as Zaino at 1/3 the price. Sal Zaino swears up and down that it is not, but I don't believe him. Even the bottles are identical. This stuff looks, feels, smells just like Zaino.

They have an equivilent product to Z1,Z2,Z6,&Z7(the Duragloss car wash is EXCELLENT, and only $3 for a 16 oz bottle).

They (Duragloss) have a website... check it out.

I'll put on my flame suit now, since Zaino is such a delicate topic.
grin.gif

I use Zaino on my '96 Black Impala SS and I do like the stuff.

On the other hand, I find it doesn't last long on our daily drivers. For those cars I use Meguiars, 3M or One Grand glaze followed by Blitz Carnuba Wax. Looks great and lasts reasonably well in the harsh northeast environment (salt, pollution, industrial fallout etc.)

I've got so many products that I have tried, like and use that I can open up an automotive detail supply shop. The only catch is that every bottle has been used to varying degrees.

A buddy and I recently spent 14 hours straight (28 man hours) working on one of my cars. That is about as wacked as sitting hear reading about all all the time (but hey I do that too).

I wish there was a polish/protector that went on easy, looked like a million bucks and really lasted 12 months through anything! I'd buy that stuff by the case.

Like synthetic oil versus dino this debate goes on forever.

I use the stuff. I feel it is extremely easy to apply, can be done in sunlight and is the longest lasting protection I have ever seen. As to shine, well I think Marque d'elagance is better but that is a paste and more difficult ro remove.

Sal is arrogant but has personal contact with customers.

I will continue to keep using the stuff, sure other products work. If you polish your car every month (change your oil every 3000 miles) it makes no difference what you use. Extended drains and extended polishes well, Zaino is the extended drain of polishes IMO.

quote:

Originally posted by novadude:
Try Duragloss. Works just as well as Zaino for much less cash. To put it in oil terms, it is like finding Mobil 1 at Walmart for $1.09 / Qt!
wink.gif

I went to their web site, their cost on the site is very similar to the cost of Zaino, no where near the half price noted. Perhaps CarQuest can sell it for much less but a bottle on the web site is $8.49 plus shipping. Zaino is pretty close that, maybe $12.95. So, a 30% diff.

[ February 26, 2003, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Spector ]

Hey guys, I guess I am getting old. I said back a ways I used Zip Wax, WRONG I use Kit Wax, I wash it with Zip Wax car wash. Now I got it right, I'm not really crazy, just old.
frown.gif

I use Zaino too and personally I love the results and the lasting power of it. Easy to put on and take off too..

That's interesting about the Duragloss from Carquest. How can that be possible? Did someone steal or licence the formulation? Hmm..
dunno.gif

My 2001 truck is over 2 yrs old, never been waxed or polished. My 2002 Trans Am is about 1.5 yrs old and not been waxed.

Last vehicle I waxed/polished was my 1999 Black GMC Z71 in 200 I think. I had a hard time with the Zaino, its not as easy as people say IMHO. I do like the car wash though but I am getting to old to worry about shining my vehicles. When the paint gets dull, I buy another one.

Mine has been looking like this for over a month.
 -

quote:

That's interesting about the Duragloss from Carquest. How can that be possible? Did someone steal or licence the formulation? Hmm..

Well, according to the Website, Duragloss has been around for a long time.

You wanna hear my theory? I think Sal purchases his stuff from Duragloss, and repackages it as Zaino.

However, others have e-mailed both Sal and Duragloss, and both companies deny any connection. Sal only admitted that he has "shared technology with Duragloss in the past", or some such statement.

All I know, is that I can take Z1, and apply Duragloss 111 Clear coat polish over top of it, as if it were Z2, and it works the same (and vice-versa with Duragloss 601 Polish Prep and Z2). The Car wash, and Z6 detailer spray are identical too (Duragloss car wash is red, Zaino Z7 is purple... other than that, there are no differences).

Even the bottles are identical, except for the label.

You be the judge. For < $15, you can grab a few products at Carquest and see for yourself.
smile.gif

I used to be a devout Zaino junkie, and I will tell you that all my polish purchases are at Carquest these days!
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back