How many of you detail your cars and trucks??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually keep my truck pretty clean but I don't do it as often as I used to when it was new. My truck is garaged so the paint is still in good shape. I use GM Goodwrench cleaner/wax and the Goodwrench wash concentrate. I wax about twice a year.

On the inside I have husky floor liners and seat covers on front and back seats. I vacumn and dust as needed. After 5 1/2 years, my truck still looks pretty new inside and out.

Wayne

I was brought up to take pride in a car or truck. Part of that included washing and waxing it regularly. A car that has been well maintained on the outside, as well as the inside (engine), carries a higher resale value in my opinion. I like getting compliments from people on how nice my car looks. Our 70 MGB looks great even though the paint is over ten years old. It only takes me 15 minutes to do a quick wash on my car, so it's not a big deal.

I wash my car weekly and detail it every 2-3 months. I use a porter cable dual action polisher and love it. My exterior detail usually includes either Zaino or Klasse AIO with a synthetic topper.

My 2001 F150 has never seen a car wash. I use Meguiar’s products. We get a lot of weather up here so my routine is something like this.

Normal wash routine (Approximately every other week)
1. Wash the truck
2. Quick detail (spray) paint.
3. Vacuum interior (as needed).
4. Spray dash/clean instrument cluster and interior molding (as needed).
5. Spray tires (as needed).
6. Clean engine (as needed).
7. Spot clean cloth interior and carpet (as needed).

Detail twice per year (In addition to normal wash)
1. Clean and seal trim/molding.
2. Clay paint.
3. Polish paint.
4. Wax paint.
5. Detail exterior plastic trim.
6. Polish chrome.

My truck looks new and I either get responses admiration or resentment. ‘Car Folks’ love it while others think I’m nuts. I want to keep this truck for a good long time especially since I’m getting married soon and will be starting a family. Can’t afford a new car every few years.

By the way, Husky floor liners really help keep the carpet clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back