Tested 69.8

Flashpoint
Should be >405
Tested 420

Fuel Dilution
Should be Tested
No Antifreeze

Insolubles 0.2

BlackStone Comments: You have dropped a few miles from your oil change interval and wear still read about the same. Steady wear trends are what we look for in determining if an engine is wearing normally, and yours is. Silicon dropped to 8 ppm, so we don't think you've got any issues with the air filter or a silicone product in the system. The biodiesel isn't changing a thing--in fact, we have seen studies where diesel engines are proven to wear better on it. Considering the current cost of diesel fuel, we are all for alternatives! Your PSD looks great. Keep doing what you're doing.

Left column is current UOA and the center column is MC15w40 and the right column is Delo 400. I changed the oil early because I felt like it, I also was curoius as to it's condition. When not using B99/B100 I ran regular diesel with Stanadyne Lubricity Formula, might account for the increase in lead. This OCI was load at 24,000 GCVW for all but 300-400 miles. The silicon went down I think because I installed a Donaldson retrofit air box assembly [Ford AIS kit) which has a much better filter element and seal than factory. I was a little surprised to see the oil thinned as much as it did without much fuel dilution. With as much as this over-fuels at low boost I'm surprised the soot was low at .2% and the fuel dilution wasn't very high. I guess I'll go back to 4-5K OCI and be happy.

Very nice numbers.

Very good engine.

I would be happy with these numbers every day of the week.

Thats incredibly low miles for a 7.3! Hang on to that one!

fruit.gif
Great News and Numbers Patrick. I hope my PSD #'s look even 1/2 has good as those. Even though mine has 258K miles.
bowdown.gif

I would really like to see this oil, with the help of an single by-pass filter system. Such as a oil-guard or amsoil single by pass.

I know alot of variables come into play, but i would just like to see how many miles this great oil can go.

I know! Hey Syn! Why don't you try it, and see!
Thinking always creates More Work and Spending More Money! Hopefully the payoff will be saving alot of money in the long run?

Funny you should ask. A friend called last Friday and told me my filter order came in. I've got two shiny new LF750 LuberFiners waiting for a new home. Well, one's shinny, the other is just a painted housing.

I'm still debating on whether I am going to make parts to convert them to paper towels or just run stock 750 filters.

I also don't really intend on running any longer of a OCI on this truck. Since it is kind of a toy, the oil cost really isn't a big deal. I only put about 4-5000 miles a year on it anyway so it gets a yearly oil change. But you never know, I might get lazy and not change it till Blackstone's tells me too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back