1995 Ford V-8 Diesel
Miles at sample: 55,600
Miles on sample: 4,500
Oil Brand: Delo 400 15W40
Engine was cleaned with Auto-Rx
Running with Superchip
No make-up oil added, 1 quart low at sample
Air Filter: Dual Foam
Driving type: 95% of the 4,500 miles were pulling a Travel Trailer, mountains, wind, open highway
Analysis: Dyson Analysis

Results: wear metals
Copper---------1
iron-----------14
chrome---------1
lead-----------3
aluminum-------2
silicon--------2
moly-----------1
tin------------1

Additives:
sodium---------3
magnesium------10
potassium------0
zinc-----------1230
phos-----------1100
calcium--------2930

Properties:
Water----------Neg
fuel-----------Neg
glycol---------Neg
soot-----------44 (scale of 0-199) excellent
oxidation------14% (converted to OA scale)
nitration------11% (converted to OA scale)
sulfur---------9
TBN------------12 (TBN new is 12.5)
[email protected] cst (New is 15.6 cst)

Full Flow filter changed at sample, added 2 quarts for FF filter and 1 quart make-up. Oil not changed, will resample at 9,000 miles.

[ July 27, 2002, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

Datgomm good wear metal report!
grin.gif

Again, I didn't see a phosphorous reading on this analysis?

The detergent/dispersant package must be relying on mostly calcium's, since the magnesium level is way low.

Pretty Impressive. I'm going to N.J today and am anxious to buy some Delvac 1 at a truck stop-to bounce against Shaffer's ful syn and the Mobil 1 10-30 I'm sure eventually I'll give the Shaeffers 15W-40 a try. These numbers with a diesel show that 40 wt is the way to go. (IMHO)

Al,
I don't think you can go wrong with Delvac 1.

We would certainly be interested in your analyses with these fluids.

The Schaeffer's are showing some pretty good wear numbers.

I will be ordering in the near future a package of products similar to what you have.

As I have posted elsewhere, my future plans are to do a run-off between Amsoil (current), Mobil 1, and then Schaeffer's.

offtopic.gif
Vetteman, what's the temp today down there? The Amsoils are getting a good workout in our 100+ temps this summer. These temps seemd to have come early this year. Did they refill the Atkins Res. yet?

MolaKule,
101 degrees today. They drained the small lake south of town, but the water res. north of town is still good.
offtopic.gif

The recommended oil change for this truck is 3K severe service, which it had. I am already 1.5K over the recommended change from Ford. This vehicle does have a Gulf Coast Bypass filter on it. It will not be changed for the entire 9K run.

59 Vetteman,

What is your total sump capacity with the Gulf Coast by-pass filter installed?

TooSlick

The normal sump is 15 quarts which includes 2 quarts for the Full Flow. The Gulf Coast Filter adds another 6 quarts for a total of 21 quart.

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
Pretty Impressive. I'm going to N.J today and am anxious to buy some Delvac 1 at a truck stop-to bounce against Shaffer's ful syn and the Mobil 1 10-30 I'm sure eventually I'll give the Shaeffers 15W-40 a try. These numbers with a diesel show that 40 wt is the way to go. (IMHO)

Al, I am running Delvac 1 in my 1995 Nissan Altima.(have 5000 miles on the oil now) and though I had been running Mobile 1 for the last 60000 miles..the engine appears to be cleaner!
My only way of telling this , and TOTALLY unscientific is by looking through the oil filler cap, before I could see a very small amount of "tarnish" or gunk on the rocker arm ...now it is spotless! Will have the oil analised at 10000 for the heck of it( I have a Gulf Coast bypass system installed and with the Mobile 1 I changed the filter at 3000 mile and added a quart , this time I am doing 5000 mile change outs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back