Oxygen Sensors: NTK, Bosch, or Denso?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used the Denso replacements, and they replaced the OEM NTK sensors. The Densos fit perfectly, no problems. All I noticed was that the NTKs had gold plated pins on the plug, whereas the Densos were just regular pins.

Denso are good.

Bosch
thumbsdown.gif

For a 1992 any of them would be fine. I lost the heater in an OEM denso on my 2002 isuzu rodeo 3.2L once & heard that was a problem for that particular denso p/n. Kinda ticked me off as an OEM replacement ran me $100. Could not find a plug-n-play aftermarket replacement for that application.

Joel

why not use what was OE??? If its bosch, get one from a parts house, not autozone Bosch.

We have done just that when required (from 90-160k when they need replacement for us) and never had any issue, and similar long life.

JMH

the quality of bosch's aftermarket parts don't seem to be of the same standard that their OEM parts are. when I used to use a air/fuel ratio guage, the bosch units were much less responsive then the NTK sensors.

I have heard the same thing about Bosch. Don't know if this is the case here, but many companies with good names for commercial products (Honeywell, Bunn-o-Matic, Bosch) license their name to manufacturers of consumer grade products. These products aren't made by the companies in question, and aren't supported by them either. They just take a cut for use of the name. I suspect that's the case for the Bosch you get at Pep Boys.

Is it just my bad experience, or are most aftermarket car parts garbage? I can't begin to count the number of times I've had the OEM/factory part go 10s or 100s of thousands of miles, and once it's replaced, it wears out yearly. Distributor caps, thermostats, batteries, etc.

I've never had a problem with Bosch O2 sensors (even Autozone Bosch sensors).

Remember, however, that just because there's a code saying that "Oxygen sensor reads lean" does NOT necessarily mean that the oxygen sensor is at fault.

I replaced all four of my OEM sensors with NGK sensors (puchased it from www.ngk.com) and the price is far less compared to what was quoted by the dealerships.

I hate the sensors which don't come with end connectors (slice and use old connectors is lousy), that made me go to NGK since the end connectors came with the sensor.

Yeah, I was pretty confident that NGK made NTK sensors. NGK plugs are OEM for this car, but the O2 sensor looks original and it reads "Bosche".

The site has both OEM and aftermarket/universal sensors in the Bosche brand.

I am leaning towards the NTK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back