Engine runs rough after oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q45

The car is an 1991 Infinity Q45.
It seems that just changing the oil should not make it run considerable worse but here is what I did.
I switched from standard oil to synthetic 5-40 (Chevron Delo 400).
I emptied the old oil and filter out and then ran some cheap 10-40 chevron oil through to rinse it. I then put on the new filter and added the Chevron Synthetic 5-40. It was immediately hard to start (cranked a lot before starting) and ran rough at certain speeds. Everything I know about cars says this isn't possible. I did have to take the switch off the aircleaner to remove the air cleaner because they hide the filter beneath it but I put it back on....so I am scratching my head on this one. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

Because you played with the intake system, i would double check that first, oil can't make a car ruin that much worse IMO.

never try to change filter on a q45 from above,always from below after removing the underbelly sheild. the mass airflow sensor you unplugged on the airbox is a fragile item on q45`s- go to www.nicoclub.com to learn all about q ownership,and have fun doing so!

I must have done something to the plug. Boy those filters are hard to get to..Thanks for the input and the link, I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back