spark plug wire ohm readings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just do some reading on the MAGNECOR website. No one makes better wires, and your question will be answered.

Due to running a transceiver I purchased the Low Noise version for my truck. They're solid and fit the bill.

quote:

Originally posted by JHZR2:
I didnt see sparks, per se... I saw bright spots on the wires as the engine ran.

TO be totally fair, the MSD wires that I put on did very much the same thing, especially at the end connectors! From new!

JMH

Try some di-electric boot grease
Other than that, The guys on the various E-28 boards I hang at recommend staying with the stock BMW or Beru wires.

Remember that the resistance of carbon [common core of many wires] goes DOWN when hot, as opposed to metals, which go up.
Also consider that the resistance of the mixture that the spark plug has to fire through is insanely high compared to the wire resistance.
Insulation [leaking] is the most important, critical, feature, of plug wires.
The expensive spiral wound wires seem good, but the energy is actually not going through the wire, but in a plasma field around the wire.
Once again, leaking, and insulation, are the only real problems [aside from radio interference].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back