cleaned intake system with amsoil power foam

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i been having this idle problem for a long time in my 99 mercury villager. it idled fine and pass smogged but it seemed to double beat on the idle, kinda like looping really fast.

i found out for 3 years my intake filter hasnt been sealing due to a warped air box.

so now i found the reason to my idle, so i tried to clean it with sea foam. it was still the same.

everyone here raved about amsoil power foam so i picked up a bottle and gave it a shot.

well the directions said use the whole bottole, so i instead used half, and wanted to do a second application.

so the car kept shutting off when i sprayed in the MAF sensor...so i took that off and sprayed in the throttle body, it kinda bogged and i wanted a good spray in there so i revved a little and at the same time sprayed half the bottle.

the engine sputterd badly. then it was fine, but OH THE FUMES~!!! it came out soo white..lol

so i was done and i heard it idled good so i drove it around to get the smoke out...good stuff.

then changed oil, and now no problems soo far.

i think ill use this product in all my cars.

should i had used the whole bottle?

thanks for reading!

i dunno, if it says to use the whole bottle, i see nothing wrong with the reccomendation.

i just thought that a whole bottle is more than too much, half the bottle worked for me. i think the next oil change ill use it again to finish the job, half a bottle and then call it quits till like 20 k

How much is the powerfoam? Is that the stuff that is supposed to be like Seafoam?

Amsoil Power Foam is $4.40 per can.

I think it's a bit better than Seafoam (I'm biased) and unlike Seafoam it's a power can of Powerfoam, not liquid in a bottle needing to worry about hydrolocking....

quote:

unlike Seafoam it's a power can of Powerfoam, not liquid in a bottle needing to worry about hydrolocking....

I've never seen this before maybe I will give it a try.
FYI - Seafoam also has an aerosol can product called Seafoam Deep Creep. It is just Seamfoam in an aerosol can so you can spray it instead of sucking it up. I'm sure both do a great job.

quote:

Originally posted by tmorris1:

quote:

unlike Seafoam it's a power can of Powerfoam, not liquid in a bottle needing to worry about hydrolocking....

I've never seen this before maybe I will give it a try.
FYI - Seafoam also has an aerosol can product called Seafoam Deep Creep. It is just Seamfoam in an aerosol can so you can spray it instead of sucking it up. I'm sure both do a great job.

yea i used that, but i like amsoil how it "coats" the walls instead of spraying. seafoam sprays but runs down fast, yet amsoil sits there, kinda like oil.

trying something new every day =).

haha

In my Saabs and Volvo, I normally use a full can (unless I need some for a small engine later). Takes a while, and intially it might choke out a time or two, but I'm satisfied that most of the mosquitos within 50 feet are dead when I'm finished.

for tmorris suggested retail is a bit under $5.
Far as I know, it is supposed to be like Power Foam, not any other product.

Guys this is not meant to offend anyone but Seafoam is not that great!!! Anyone that thinks Seafoam is good stuff is in for a rude aweakening when they use Power Foam. Power Foam is nothing at all like Seafoam. Seafoam is not even a foam. Power foam comes in a spary can and foams up like engine degreaser.

When you add anything to the intake through the intake tract or vaccum lines you must rev the engine up to about 1500RPM's to make sure it keeps running.

I have tested Seafoam and I did not think it was that great. B-12 is cheaper and works better. Seafoam is mostly IPA and Stoddard Solvent. If you want to test Seafoam put some in a mason jar and drop a carboned up vale or valve seal into it and walk away. Come back 1/2 an hour later and try to remove the carbon. Now do the saem thing with B-12 and see the difference. Then try power foam on one.

quote:

Originally posted by JohnBrowning:
Guys this is not meant to offend anyone but Seafoam is not that great!!! Anyone that thinks Seafoam is good stuff is in for a rude aweakening when they use Power Foam. Power Foam is nothing at all like Seafoam. Seafoam is not even a foam. Power foam comes in a spary can and foams up like engine degreaser.

When you add anything to the intake through the intake tract or vaccum lines you must rev the engine up to about 1500RPM's to make sure it keeps running.

I have tested Seafoam and I did not think it was that great. B-12 is cheaper and works better. Seafoam is mostly IPA and Stoddard Solvent. If you want to test Seafoam put some in a mason jar and drop a carboned up vale or valve seal into it and walk away. Come back 1/2 an hour later and try to remove the carbon. Now do the saem thing with B-12 and see the difference. Then try power foam on one.

hahah i was blown away at the difference. and yes i had to rev up to 1500 to keep the engine running.

i really like this, i been tunnin up my 300zx so i think ill put some power foam in there as well.

so you can suck b-12 chemtool into the PCV line and it'll do the same thing as seafoam?

if so, seems like a cheaper alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back