Latest Cannonball Record

https://youtu.be/EvQFDtJUdHw

I'm surprised that this person can put a video on youtube, that is a documented confession of serious law-breaking and endangerment of the public, and there are no consequences?

Seems like time to make an example of him before someone gets killed.

Not condoning this, but a few things come to mind.... The police aren't going to come after him over traffic violations. At best, they'd issue a warrant that would pop up if he's pulled over in their state at a later time. Plus, traffic violations generally have to be witnessed by a law officer I think. Red-light cameras, speed cameras, etc - at least in Ohio - the violations are not traffic infractions, but are handled like parking tickets. They're not the same.

For a solo run, that's really impressive. Most of these take dozens of people to pull off. Interesting that he's talking about it so recently. The guys that did it this years in an Audi aren't (at least as far as I know) releasing details yet. There's a debate on whether the 2020 runs should have a COVID asterisks next to them.

[sarc] When the kids text each other, I jokingly tell them that Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone to eliminate text messaging (telegraph) . Same goes for the cannonball run. I think the Wright brothers invented the airplane to eliminate the severe shortcomings of the automobile for long distance travel...

I've been to the start of a cannonball run in Connecticut, probably back in the early-mid 1980's. It was a pretty big deal back then, with searchlights scanning the sky, and a real podium with which to start from. Kind of cool. The local cops looked the other way. Some really cool cars.

Back