Dale L Nuzum

What is the Limits of ZN and P on the new gas truck rotella T6, could I use this in my car and my motorcycle?

Originally Posted by Dalenuzum
What is the Limits of ZN and P on the new gas truck rotella T6, could I use this in my car and my motorcycle?

Rotella Gas Truck is not T6, and the actual T6 has many different versions-might want to Google it or look on epc.shell.com

That's really making a new member feel welcome.
spankme2.gif

So newbie makes a mistake.
shocked2.gif

Enough already.

Originally Posted by user52165
spankme2.gif

shocked2.gif

Enough already.

Hey-I'm trying to help here! There are a bunch of RGT & T6 varieties, and they all have different Zn & P numbers, and approvals based on type & grade-I don't want to steer him wrong!

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Originally Posted by user52165
spankme2.gif

shocked2.gif

Enough already.

Hey-I'm trying to help here! There are a bunch of RGT & T6 varieties, and they all have different Zn & P numbers, and approvals based on type & grade-I don't want to steer him wrong!

You are fine, it's the others.

Hi Dale, welcome.
Rotella T6 5W40 is rated "JASO MA/ MA2" which is for motorcycles, if that is what you are asking. To me this makes it gas (petrol) engine certified even though it’s a HDEO Diesel engine oil with API CK-4 and ACEA E9 ratings. What use to be called a mixed fleet HDEO.

Here is a link to a recent T6 5W40 VOA, it shows a healthy 1035 ppm zinc.
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5253264/

Here is a link to another VOA for Castrol Actevo 10w40 4T motorcycle oil, it shows a similar zinc level of 1008 ppm.

The Rotella T6 Multi-Vehicle 5W30 is API CK-4 & SN rated plus ACEA E6. A VOA here shows a lower 872 ppm zinc

So Regular T6 5W40 for diesels trucks and gas motorcycles. While Multi-Vehicle T6 for diesel trucks and gas cars. That is the general rule, but you may require a particular OEM spec, in which case best to read the other approvals to see it meets that.

Back