Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

Originally Posted by blufeb95
I purchased in total 21 gallons of Chevron Delo 400LE/400XSP 5W40 from the clearance rack of various Walmarts across Indiana. Also picked up a 2.5 gallons jug of T6 5w40, and bought a couple of Fram XG9837s from Rural King while on sale for $8.

I got a couple Delo XSP full synthetic 5w40 gallon jugs for $5 each. I went to five other Walmarts looking for more. No luck.

Just got my delivery today from Amazon
wink.gif

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 77Se7en
I purchased in total 21 gallons of Chevron Delo 400LE/400XSP 5W40 from the clearance rack of various Walmarts across Indiana. Also picked up a 2.5 gallons jug of T6 5w40, and bought a couple of Fram XG9837s from Rural King while on sale for $8.

I got a couple Delo XSP full synthetic 5w40 gallon jugs for $5 each. I went to five other Walmarts looking for more. No luck.

I only went to stores that showed stock on Brickseek, even left some in one store since the jugs were 7+ years old, lucked out and found 2 at a store with "limited stock" that was along the way, sadly one store that showed they had 2-3 in stock, and still do, but I couldn't find any in there not in general clearance, not on the auto clearance cart, there wasn't a space on the shelf for it and it wasn't on the back stock shelf above, but at least I did get the T6 from that store. At that Ft. Wayne store it was still in the normal spot on the shelf and on the back stock rack above it.

Mobil 1 ESP 5W30 from NAPA. I grabbed a 6 qt. case to top up my stash a bit. I may grab some 0W30 before the sale ends.

I only went to stores that showed stock on Brickseek, even left some in one store since the jugs were 7+ years old, lucked out and found 2 at a store with "limited stock" that was along the way, sadly one store that showed they had 2-3 in stock, and still do, but I couldn't find any in there not in general clearance, not on the auto clearance cart, there wasn't a space on the shelf for it and it wasn't on the back stock shelf above, but at least I did get the T6 from that store. At that Ft. Wayne store it was still in the normal spot on the shelf and on the back stock rack above it.

The two I found each state SN Plus on the back of the jug.

The two I found each state SN Plus on the back of the jug.

Out of the 21 I got, 8 are SN+, 10 are SN, and 3 are old 400LE jugs that are SM/CJ-4

Fram CH11784 oil filter - '19 VW Passat 2.0T

Castrol GTX Magnatec:

5W-30 - 3 jugs
0W-20 - 7 qts

2013 Toyota Corolla S 1.8L
Out: Valvoline FS HM 0W20 - OEM filter
In: Castrol GTX Ultraclean 5W30 - OEM filter (04152-YZZA6 (Made in Thailand))
4.5 Quarts
Approx 196k on vehicle
Approx 6k OCI
~
It burned about 2.5 quarts in those 6k miles. I replaced the PCV, old one was okay. Cause is likely sludge build up in oil rings, oil ring grooves. Going to try 5W30 Ultraclean to see what happens. If burning continues, going to add some MMO closer to end of OCI.

Originally Posted by AJB0009
4.5 Quarts
Approx 196k on vehicle
Approx 6k OCI
~
It burned about 2.5 quarts in those 6k miles. I replaced the PCV, old one was okay. Cause is likely sludge build up in oil rings, oil ring grooves. Going to try 5W30 Ultraclean to see what happens. If burning continues, going to add some MMO closer to end of OCI.

Wrong thread.

When on a trip to Autozone today.

Got two 5 quart jugs of Quaker State 5W-30 synthetic and 2 Motorcraft oil filters. They were running a monthly oil change special. Kinda got screwed on the 2 additional quarts I needed to buy for the car, as they were not on sale.....

Still a good deal overall.

24 quarts of 0W-20 Kendall GT-1 Max and 3 OEM Toyota oil filters.

I'm going to run this in my 2020 Tundra for the next three oil changes. I'm doing 5K miles OCIs until 20K miles and then I'll go 10K with Mobil 1 EP.

Originally Posted by Alaskanmont

Got two 5 quart jugs of Quaker State 5W-30 synthetic and 2 Motorcraft oil filters. They were running a monthly oil change special. Kinda got screwed on the 2 additional quarts I needed to buy for the car, as they were not on sale.....

No mention of price on that oil/filter combo and why didn't you just buy a third five quart jug? Are you retiring from changing oils after this one?
Doesn't Florida have Walmart there? You probably get the same combo at the same everyday prices at Walmart and even get to improve on the oil filter choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by OilReport99
Originally Posted by AJB0009
4.5 Quarts
Approx 196k on vehicle
Approx 6k OCI
~

Wrong thread.

Oops, thanks for the heads up, OilReport99

1993 Volvo 240 sedan
Out: Rotella T5 10W30 Mann W917 filter
In: same

4,000 mile OCI

Last edited:

No mention of price on that oil/filter combo and why didn't you just buy a third five quart jug? Are you retiring from changing oils after this one?
Doesn't Florida have Walmart there? You probably get the same combo at the same everyday prices at Walmart and even get to improve on the oil filter choice.

I paid $27.99 for each 5 quart jug and oil filter (combined). I use the Motorcraft filters as I am still under warranty with my Ford Mustang although I will probably change to napa gold (Wix) once out of the warranty mileage. I hate going to Wal-mart. Between the rude people shopping there, and the rude people that work there,, I dont feel the need to support them. Life is to short for me to worry about a $25.00 to $50.00 differance in oil change costs each year.

I paid $27.99 for each 5 quart jug and oil filter (combined). I use the Motorcraft filters as I am still under warranty with my Ford Mustang although I will probably change to napa gold (Wix) once out of the warranty mileage. I hate going to Wal-mart. Between the rude people shopping there, and the rude people that work there,, I dont feel the need to support them. Life is to short for me to worry about a $25.00 to $50.00 differance in oil change costs each year.

Sounds like a good deal to me. Don't worry about the peanut gallery questioning your purchases.

Back