Peak Synthetic

Oh so it's not against the limit directly, it is against a competitor's score in relation to the limit. That's a whole different ball game, that could indeed be quite meaningless.

Nah... It is against the limit API SN directly...

My fault for how I worded that last post.

It was in relation of the Mag1 in relation to the API SN standard. Mag1 being 60 percent better than that standard.

I didn't mean to get you involved here bbhero. I just wanted to high-five .... give an atta-boy to what some people consider a Supertech Premium oil (Mag 1).

Originally Posted by 77Se7en
I didn't mean to get you involved here bbhero. I just wanted to high-five .... give an atta-boy to what some people consider a Supertech Premium oil (Mag 1).

Ahh your fine 777... No problem at all. It's all good
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bbhero
Hey kschachn... I believe it was actually 60% cleaner vs the API SN standard... That's what I think it was in comparison to... Just like Pennzoil Ultra platinum being 65% cleaner in comparison to API SN standard.

Ahh I see. So compared to the minimum standards for a standard, not actual comparisons between brands. That makes a lot more sense.

I still remember the AAA test from a while back where they got Conventional and Synthetic Oils. Turns out 3 of the top 4 cleanest deposits in their test were conventionals. Sorry but they didn't disclose the brands. Said thing was the 10 oils were from the same 5 companies so it's obvious some Synthetics were beat by their own conventionals.

Back