Top 8 Oil Filters According To This Company

The OE Honda filters are usually made by FilTech(not sure about the spelling). But the dealer replacement Honda filter is a FRAM Tough Guard on the inside. FRAM was once owned by Allied Signal then Honeywell. Now it's owned by the Trico Group.

I don't agree with TTAC article either in the brands or the rankings.

The TTAC website has come up before, they exist to funnel sales to Amazon, and pretty much no other reason. Therefore any of their recommendations should be taken with a pretty big grain of salt. The Ecogard one is a good example, they are (mostly) Chinese rebranded ones.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
The TTAC website has come up before, they exist to funnel sales to Amazon, and pretty much no other reason. Therefore any of their recommendations should be taken with a pretty big grain of salt. The Ecogard one is a good example, they are (mostly) Chinese rebranded ones.

Yes, the "article" is really an advertisement. TTAC makes money when someone buys after clicking the shop now link.

I think it's harmless regurgitation of advertising and even the author treats it like that. He probably made few bucks supplying the internet storey. Thanks for the post.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
I think it's harmless regurgitation of advertising and even the author treats it like that. He probably made few bucks supplying the internet storey. Thanks for the post.
smile.gif

BOF probably got a few free Motorcraft filters for posting it!! Ha ha, just kidding, BOF! Now he's going to bash my multi-OCI Ultra usage!!
lol.gif

Article shows majority bias on value-priced oil filters globe-wide. Had this article centered on the USA-mainland, I was expecting Supertech filters on that list.

I don't know what to say. How much did the filter companies pay for the write up?

Originally Posted by CT8
I don't know what to say. How much did the filter companies pay for the write up?

No humans are involved in these bot written internet pieces. It's all computer driven including the blog itself. Nothing but fluff trying to sell something.

The computer doesn't even understand that some of the filters are from the same factory with different branding.

The only benefit is that some outfit gets paid for the clicks. You can see these bot written pieces everywhere. They are meaningless.

Originally Posted by PimTac
No humans are involved in these bot written internet pieces. It's all computer driven including the blog itself. Nothing but fluff trying to sell something.

The computer doesn't even understand that some of the filters are from the same factory with different branding.

The only benefit is that some outfit gets paid for the clicks. You can see these bot written pieces everywhere. They are meaningless.

Exactly correct. The Internet is rampant with this kind of thing, it exists only to get people to click so that advertising can be sold. There is nothing of substance there, at least nothing that has direct traceability back to some sort of direct evaluation. The entity that produced this thing knows nothing about oil filters and this is evidenced by the comments they display.

Originally Posted by kschachn

Exactly correct. The Internet is rampant with this kind of thing, it exists only to get people to click so that advertising can be sold. There is nothing of substance there, at least nothing that has direct traceability back to some sort of direct evaluation. The entity that produced this thing knows nothing about oil filters and this is evidenced by the comments they display.

Yep, the internet is full of these top ten pieces. Top ten places to visit this summer, top ten foods you should grill, and on and on.

Meanwhile someone checks this oil filter link out and discovers, ooooh, Pennzoil makes a filter? I like that yellow color. That would look cool. 🙄🙄🤦â€â™‚ï¸ That's the audience these pieces are directed at.

Originally Posted by kschachn

Yep, the internet is full of these top ten pieces. Top ten places to visit this summer, top ten foods you should grill, and on and on.

Meanwhile someone checks this oil filter link out and discovers, ooooh, Pennzoil makes a filter? I like that yellow color. That would look cool. 🙄🙄🤦â€â™‚ï¸ That's the audience these pieces are directed at.

LOL PimTac you nail it again!

Some humans buying filters don't know that either, lol.

I had no clue that this was a computer generated article.
I received a message on my phone last night and saw the banner about the top 8 oil filters. So, I was curious and clicked onto it. I posted it here to see how many got a big LOL at their choices. I know I LOL at most of them.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
I received a message on my phone last night and saw the banner about the top 8 oil filters. So, I was curious and clicked onto it. I posted it here to see how many got a big LOL at their choices. I know I LOL at most of them.
lol.gif

By opening that message and clicking that link, the computer bot will be sending you all kinds of junk. The joke is on you.

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
lol.gif

By opening that message and clicking that link, the computer bot will be sending you all kinds of junk. The joke is on you.

So now the truth is told on why I disagree with much Pimtac says. He does no research because he's too scared to click-on user-pertained links.

If one is scared of big-brother movements, buy the biggest shovel on earth - dig a big hole and jump-in.

Back