Toyota Caliper Pin Question

Yes, Toyota are not consistent whether leading or trailing, but they are more likely trailing (NOT top or bottom)...although if the pads have been done previously there is some doubt. I did some Toyota pads the other day, and there was no way to mix them up, the bushed pin was longer.

Originally Posted by Gebo
I messed up....

For the next DIY job
wink.gif
(on the left.....filter by vehicle)

https://www.toyodiy.com/tech/diy_.html

Dumb question OP, do you have the caliper on the other side of the car off yet? If not, I'd just pull the pins from the other side and check what order they are in. That's how I figured it out when I was in the same bind as you.

Originally Posted by IveBeenRued
Dumb question OP, do you have the caliper on the other side of the car off yet? If not, I'd just pull the pins from the other side and check what order they are in. That's how I figured it out when I was in the same bind as you.

You didn't read all my posts thoroughly.

Both calipers were laid out nicely with the pins adjacent to the holes they came out of. All in a neat little row on my garage floor. I was sitting there with them on the floor and got a cramp and in the process of straitening my leg, I kicked the 4 of them across the garage floor.

See #Post 5473782

Back