2018 Charger Hellcat 16,000 mile update

Originally Posted by mbacfp
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Quattro Pete, hoped you would see this thread. Love that color. Is that picture with the soft 99 coating on?

Thanks. Yes, it is.

How do you find soft 99 holding up?

It's holding up very well. I only apply it once a year.

But honestly, this paint has very easy life - it sits in the garage 99.9% of the time, and I also don't drive it when it rains.

Originally Posted by e30m3pilot
My next car for sure!

I was in engine design at FCA (Pentastar program) during the hellcat development years and wow the testing on that thing was tough. The numbers were no public at the time but they forgot to shut off access to the dyno data so we would all log in and check the data now and then. Was a fun thing to watch come alive and nobody thought it would make it to production either! Also, a few engineers added in some clever design features to really beef up the parts (had to hide it from the bean counters!). It is really well designed and manufactured. Take care of it and till last!

Great info e30m3pilot. I am excited every time I drive it, never had a car like this before. I can't get enough of the supercharger whine.

My 6 year old son loves it. I pulled it out of the garage and noticed my son was taking too long to get in. I asked him why he is standing there and he said "I am listening to the exhaust." He says he wants to learn to drive in the Hellcat. Great times.

Regarding tires, my alignment was off from the factory so my Pirellis only lasted 7,500 miles before I went to the PS4s (was the plan all along). My tech noticed at first rotation the tires are showing some uneven wear across the tires, so we cross rotated them. Not sure if this is just how the tires sit on the car? I do a lot of canyon drives, so maybe that is also causing this? PS4s have a 30,000 mile warranty, so hoping to get at least that out of them.

Now in the spirit of BITOG, does FCA change the oil when they complete the Hellcat's 42 minute dynamometer shakedown?

I would get about 7500 out of the Z06 as well and alighment is good. I think it was my driving!

As for the oil change that is a great question. I left the company just as they launched but I am going to find out. I know they did that for break in as they didn't trust customers! Based on my experience I bet they do but I will try to find out....

My next car for sure!

I was in engine design at FCA (Pentastar program) during the hellcat development years and wow the testing on that thing was tough. The numbers were no public at the time but they forgot to shut off access to the dyno data so we would all log in and check the data now and then. Was a fun thing to watch come alive and nobody thought it would make it to production either! Also, a few engineers added in some clever design features to really beef up the parts (had to hide it from the bean counters!). It is really well designed and manufactured. Take care of it and till last!

Any insider insight regarding the 5th gen Viper?

Nice car, OP.

My next car for sure!

Great info e30m3pilot. I am excited every time I drive it, never had a car like this before. I can't get enough of the supercharger whine.

My 6 year old son loves it. I pulled it out of the garage and noticed my son was taking too long to get in. I asked him why he is standing there and he said "I am listening to the exhaust." He says he wants to learn to drive in the Hellcat. Great times.

Regarding tires, my alignment was off from the factory so my Pirellis only lasted 7,500 miles before I went to the PS4s (was the plan all along). My tech noticed at first rotation the tires are showing some uneven wear across the tires, so we cross rotated them. Not sure if this is just how the tires sit on the car? I do a lot of canyon drives, so maybe that is also causing this? PS4s have a 30,000 mile warranty, so hoping to get at least that out of them.

Now in the spirit of BITOG, does FCA change the oil when they complete the Hellcat's 42 minute dynamometer shakedown?

I would get about 7500 out of the Z06 as well and alighment is good. I think it was my driving!

As for the oil change that is a great question. I left the company just as they launched but I am going to find out. I know they did that for break in as they didn't trust customers! Based on my experience I bet they do but I will try to find out....

So far PS4s are doing well...heavy car in the canyons. I followed break in precisely as outlined by FCA (assuming more for Diff, trans, etc.). Have been running PUP 0w-40 as well...have a UOA posted here as well. Take care all.

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 5
Super SWEET looking Charger Hellcat -- LOVE the white on black also and the [censored] Cat emblem just says -- BAD ARSE -- ALL DAY!! Go MOPAR!!!

Back