MOBIL 1 0w20 vs AMAZON BASICS 5w20

That is fantastic MPG. I test drove a Forrester a while back, I thought they averaged in the high 20s or low 30 MPG so 37 or 39 is really unbelievable???? Only hybrids normally get that kid of mileage or small 4 cyl Civics etc. with all highway miles. My elantra will get 40 on the highway exclusively but around town low 30s at best

Originally Posted by ka9mnx
Originally Posted by 77Se7en
I would never expect Amazon Oil to keep up with Mobil-1 Oil, in any category of motor oil deliverance-services to our engines.

I think you really believe that!

It's unfortunate that you don't.
If you feel Warren is as good as Pennzoil Ultra Sopus, Exxon-Mobil-1 EP, BP Castrol EP, Ashland Valvoline Adv/ME and ConocoPhillips Motorcraft/Kendall full syn, then your dream stages are wildly vivid and imaginative.

No secret here and never was. You get what you pay for.
Stay with the cheap stuff, if getting rid of the vehicle prematurely to death is in your calling cards. If I sold my vehicles prematurely, I'd only buy Amazon / Supertech too. If that's all I could afford, that's another reason I'd reach for Supertech.

It's good. But not as good. Spend multitudes of thousands on your vehicle and then pennies on your oil, well only certain kinds of individual mind-trains do that.
I was brought up differently - by both educated parents and teachers.
Done here. Can't teach those that refuse to be taught.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yea. marketing, adds and promotion.

Actually some of the dumbist people I've met are teacher and professors.

That seems to be a common exit strategy when you're unable to defend a position you've staked out.

I would never expect Amazon Oil to keep up with Mobil-1 Oil, in any category of motor oil deliverance-services to our engines.

If you feel Warren is as good as Pennzoil Ultra Sopus, Exxon-Mobil-1 EP, BP Castrol EP, Ashland Valvoline Adv/ME and ConocoPhillips Motorcraft/Kendall full syn, then your dream stages are wildly vivid and imaginative.

Stay with the cheap stuff, if getting rid of the vehicle prematurely to death is in your calling cards. If I sold my vehicles prematurely, I'd only buy Amazon / Supertech too. If that's all I could afford, that's another reason I'd reach for Supertech.

It's good. But not as good. Spend multitudes of thousands on your vehicle and then pennies on your oil, well only certain kinds of individual mind-trains do that.

LOL then that must mean we should all be using Redline.

You trust the digital mpg display THAT much? I never do
2 morning starbucks drive-throughs will lower it like no tomorrow

Last edited:

There are "Synthetic Oils" I would not use but WPP isn't one of them. I would not use it for extended drain intervals as it isn't formulated for it but I would use it for IOLM Mileages all day long. It uses a standard proven D1G2 Add Pack and standard base stocks used by majors. You are right you don't get to pay for the name (can't cheapen the brand) and advertising budget or top heavy corporate structure. No oil that meets G1D2 is going to be substandard.

It's kind of the same situation as with the Glock. Couldn't sell it for $200 was advice of his marketing people they will think it's cheap. Have to double the price.

Last edited:

Warren's oils meet all of the current API (SP) specs/requirements. They have oils that meet the highly touted DEXOS specs as well as various Chrysler and Ford specs.

Do you have any data to back that statement?

Originally Posted by PimTac
I wonder where Warren gets their base oils and additive packages from?

🤔 🤔🤔

This is likely outdated but at one time they bought base stock from Chevron and EM and their additive packages came from Lubrizol.

Last edited:
Don't ever change tires and/or adjust tire pressure right after changing the oil. You may end up liking or disliking the oil because of it. lol

bought Michelin normal all season tires but was kind of geared or advertised more towards snow/ice (more sticky I guess) and it dropped my mpg by %16 (from 25 to 21 mpg) or who knows may be my oil was no longer as slippery.
shocked2.gif

Back