I do a full detail everything 2 or 3 years.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Do you have a water softener to wash it with?

Also, I'm surprised you don't have rock chips with that many miles on the front end. Though I live in the desert and our freeways are lined with gravel on the sides. Also probably helps this isn't a commuter car on the freeway in town tailgating.

Nick, we have hard water, really hard water. Our community services has 8 wells that provide us water. According to their most recent water quality report, the TDS for our water ranged from 350 to 700!

The roads are pretty clean where we live and I never used the E46 as a commuter. Plus, I never follow anyone at close distance. As I said earlier, the E46 has never once been driven in the rain or on a wet road. I seldom take the car out if the weather is over 90 degrees, but if I do I open the hood and put a 24 inch fan in front of it when I get back. I do this to preserve under hood plastics, wiring, hoses, etc. Little things like that add up over time.

Scott

Originally Posted by CT8
I went through the car wash today and bought another house .

If you did that you did way better than I did! Good time to buy if financing with cheap money. Or if buying cash, a hedge against dollar decline. Either way, both viable options for these times.

Scott

I'm not a BMW fan.... but Holy Cow!!! Beautiful Car! And congratulations on doing everything "your" way! Thank you for sharing!

FWIW, the last of the project. Washed, dried, and wiped down with Blackfire Synthetic Auto Wax Detailer. Once again, 93K miles. Original paint and interior.

Have a good weekend. --Scott
IMG_4157.jpeg
IMG_4153.jpeg
IMG_4154.jpeg
IMG_4156.jpeg
IMG_4162.jpeg
IMG_4167.jpeg
IMG_4150.jpeg

Back