Pennzoil

You need your medication refilled again 4wd??

lol.gif

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by 77Se7en
I reported the post because PimTac is notorious here for talking members instead of subject-line....mainly negative, belittling stabs at some members.
We are not the judges and jury of membership knowledge here. Correct the wrong without reaching into their brain size - or it's development - or lack of.

I'm done with this here. Please continue with the thread BlueOval has started.

Sorry but your post here is far more negative and belittling than PimTac's. Does he call into question your brain size or lack of development? Also, you say you (we) are not the judges and jury of membership yet you report a post as if you are.

thumbsup2.gif
01.gif

Originally Posted by 4WD
Sure Doc, whatcha got for me ? 🤫

Well... We will start you off on some Ativan to help you calm down and chill...
lol.gif

Originally Posted by 4WD
What do you think of what's being called approvals … looks like Amsoil made the back label to me …

Pennzoil is one of those weird companies that posts actual approvals as if they are not. Why they do that I do not know because it makes them look as if they are obfuscating.

A few years ago, I had a couple of copies of Euro OEM approval letters. I remember one was a VW, and another was MB. As I recall they didn't come through normal channels, so I'm not sure I was supposed to have them.
Anyway, they were on the OEM's letterhead, saying that this Pennzoil product was certified to meet that spec, and that the approval ended on a certain date. I'm thinking that rather than change labels and PDS every few months (or weeks) waiting for re-certification on a standard already met, the language used doesn't differentiate between certified, approved or recommended.

Originally Posted by 4WD
I know the last thing I put PP euro in was out of warranty anyway …

OK
lol.gif

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
What is the difference between Pennzoil Platinum and Pennzoil Platinum Euro?

The main thing that stands out to me is the lack of moly in the Euro version.

Originally Posted by PimTac
I'm just surprised the OP asked this question after being a member here for 17 years.

Why are you surprised? I didn't even know that Pennzoil made a Euro Platinum oil. So, that's why I asked my Q? here. This is a discussion board about oil, right? And, if someone asks a Q? about oil, we, as members here, discuss it, right? Are you now regulating what Q?'s members ask here? Do we now need to PM you and ask your permission on which Q?'s we now ask?
SMH!
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted by 77Se7en
I reported the post because PimTac is notorious here for talking members instead of subject-line....mainly negative, belittling stabs at some members.
We are not the judges and jury of membership knowledge here. Correct the wrong without reaching into their brain size - or it's development - or lack of.

I'm done with this here. Please continue with the thread BlueOval has started.

Thank You Sir!
I didn't even know that Pennzoil made a Euro Platinum oil. I was told that Euro oil would harm catalytic converters. I asked my Q? because I wanted to learn everything I could about Euro PP, and if would work better in my engine than regular PP.
smile.gif

I didn't even know that Pennzoil made a Euro Platinum oil. I was told that Euro oil would harm catalytic converters. I asked my Q? because I wanted to learn everything I could about Euro PP, and if would work better in my engine than regular PP.
smile.gif

Regardless of whatever European approvals or specs it may have, many of the varieties are also API SN. API SN includes a provision for emission system (catalyst) protection. This is why approvals and licenses matter, rather than what Old Man Sedgwick says down at the feed store.

smile.gif

Regardless of whatever European approvals or specs it may have, many of the varieties are also API SN. API SN includes a provision for emission system (catalyst) protection. This is why approvals and licenses matter, rather than what Old Man Sedgwick says down at the feed store.

Ah, okay. See, I didn't even know this. That's why we ask Q?'s like this.
You know, I "could have" Googled this. But, some Q?'s here make for a good discussion.
wink.gif

smile.gif

Ah, okay. See, I didn't even know this. That's why we ask Q?'s like this.
You know, I "could have" Googled this. But, some Q?'s here make for a good discussion.
wink.gif

Take into consideration that Euro approvals are far, far more stringent than anything API.

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells
I don't think there are any Euro SN+ oils period

Which is a moot point anyway because the approvals are much more robust than API

That was kind of an interesting comment, I went on the API EOLCS and queried for 0W-40 oils that were API SN PLUS and there are a few, perhaps a couple could be classified as "Euro" oils. The most notable one I saw was Platinum Euro Full Synthetic which is listed as SN PLUS even though the PDS doesn't say that it is.

For 5W-40 there are a couple more including Helix Ultra and Platinum Euro Full Synthetic (makes sense). An Amsoil product is also listed but you'd have to look at their PDS to see which European approvals or specifications it carries.

Back