XM Radio

Originally Posted by Passport1
I like XM radio. It makes long drives bearable, like you never left home. There are a few channels that feel like old friends, the rest not so much. Seems like most new vehicles come with this option standard.

Do you have a subscription? Do you like it?

Im still in my 90 or 120 days trial, then can get it for $5 a month for a year before going up to close to $20.
For $5 its way worth it to me. No way for $20.
Sound quality is just ok and I think you can agree, its almost like the old PAY TV days with XM, tons and tons of channels and c**p I have NO interest in, except for a few channels which are great.

I dont want sports, I dont want band specific music channels, god what I would give to give up half the channels to era specific choices and better sound quality.

So... if I can keep it at $5 a month for music, Ill keep it, if not, I will stay with Apple Music at $10. a month on my phone and use bluetooth in my truck.
XM is convenient but my god, way too much money for the music I want. You would think they would learn from the cable companies losing subscribers as fast as I CAN type this. *LOL*

Ahhh... I just checked, music only $11 a month, no sports, no loser Howard Stern, that is a reason alone to Subscribe, I wouldn't pay more but for $11 without Howard Stern I very well may subscribe. :eek:)

Last edited:
I had a subscription, but now that I barely drive anymore, I canceled it. I miss the sports channels, and some of the music channels, but now that I'm rarely in the vehicle, it made no sense paying for it anymore....

Originally Posted by alarmguy
I like XM radio. It makes long drives bearable, like you never left home. There are a few channels that feel like old friends, the rest not so much. Seems like most new vehicles come with this option standard.

Im still in my 90 or 120 days trial, then can get it for $5 a month for a year before going up to close to $20.
For $5 its way worth it to me. No way for $20.
Sound quality is just ok and I think you can agree, its almost like the old PAY TV days with XM, tons and tons of channels and c**p I have NO interest in, except for a few channels which are great.

I dont want sports, I dont want band specific music channels, god what I would give to give up half the channels to era specific choices and better sound quality.

So... if I can keep it at $5 a month for music, Ill keep it, if not, I will stay with Apple Music at $10. a month on my phone and use bluetooth in my truck.
XM is convenient but my god, way too much money for the music I want. You would think they would learn from the cable companies losing subscribers as fast as I CAN type this. *LOL*

Ahhh... I just checked, music only $11 a month, no sports, no loser Howard Stern, that is a reason alone to Subscribe, I wouldn't pay more but for $11 without Howard Stern I very well may subscribe. :eek:)

I don't know how many times I've said, services like satellite radio, satellite TV, and cable TV could make so much more money, and have far more satisfied customers if they would offer all of their channels ala carte. Let us choose which channels we want without any restrictions, and get rid of the worthless ones (which would also mean we wouldn't be paying for the worthless ones as well)...

Yes. I love it. Nothing else compares.

Nope. I let the initial 1-year subscription expire. I have no need for it with a 128 GB USB drive full of music in much higher quality than what SiriusXM can deliver. If I need to hear the news, I'll tell Google to play it via Android Auto or just tune in to some local NPR station. I don't drive a whole lot to begin with.

Around here there are two FM stations the play OK music and one is 40 miles away so ya I have XM. Middle of next month I need to call and try and get a better rate, got a year for $79 all in last time, if they can't beat that I"m gong to cancel and see what they send me to get me back, like the 3 years for $99 would work.

I've switched to the free APP IðŸ¤Heart radio. Love it and it's free. You can download it to your phone and if you have unlimited data, is a great option. You get news, podcasts, music, sports, talk radio, online books etc.

Originally Posted by wemay
I've switched to the free APP IðŸ¤Heart radio. Love it and it's free. You can download it to your phone and if you have unlimited data, is a great option. You get news, podcasts, music, sports, talk radio, online books etc.

TuneIn is another similar option.

Have it in 2 vehicles for $6.xx /month after taxes per vehicle. Plus the app I use when in the Corvette. I call to cancel every 12 months and it takes 15 minutes or so and they renew my subscriptions at the $6.xx rate. A bit of a hassle but I do enjoy having it and use it outside when we are in the pool thru the app as well. There's quite a few other stations on the app with some decent mixes for a variety of tastes.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete

Nope. I let the initial 1-year subscription expire. I have no need for it with a 128 GB USB drive full of music in much higher quality than what SiriusXM can deliver. If I need to hear the news, I'll tell Google to play it via Android Auto or just tune in to some local NPR station. I don't drive a whole lot to begin with.

Yup, did this before I found i-heart. Worked/s just as well.

Back