Took the Fumoto Vave Off

Yep, if so little is left in the pan, then the Valve is doing a great job emptying. All that's required is a little more patience for a little slower discharge.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
No never had a fear too much oil was undrained. But it won't ever keep you from crawling under the car to drain the oil. A total waste of money. No more than a oh look at my new toy!

They have their place. I don't have any on my vehicles, because both of mine the drain plug access is pretty easy and located far away from any exhaust pipes. Some of my friends have them on their cars though, because when they stop by and I help them change the oil it's so much easier to just open the valve than fight with a stuck drain plug next to hot exhaust.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
My only fear with a Fumoto valve is it hanging down and some road debris hitting it. I'd only consider one where the drain is horizontal, which isn't too common.

I also was concerned about road debris breaking the valve off and dumping all the oil .

I was considering a Fumoto valve, but have rationalized that a real oil change involves taking the underpanel off (kind of a pain), draining the oil, replacing the filter (hardest part), and adding the oil. I almost never change oil without a new filter unless I can't get the filter off. If there was an easy filter change contraption, I'm sold, but draining oil is the easiest step. I might buy 2 jack stands instead, so I can rotate my tires at home while I'm at it.

Back