1992 Chevy 1500 Truck

Have a radiator leak on a 17 year old radiator. Looking at parts places (NAPA, O'Reilly, etc.) and lots of different options & prices. Are the cheap ones garbage or are the expensive ones overpriced? Or maybe other advice or knowledge.

Thanks

I'm not saying this is what you should do, but I've put in a few of the super cheap $50 ebay special radiators and all are still going fine years later..

How "good" does it have to be? Around town good, or cross country while towing good? How easy is it to replace?

Originally Posted by supton
How "good" does it have to be? Around town good, or cross country while towing good? How easy is it to replace?

Basically around town. Old family member's car. Driven MAYBE 5k per year. It's annoying but not awful to replace. Just takes me forever because hoses are always stuck to things, something strips out because of rust/corrosion...you all know the drill...

Depending on the leak, a local radiator shop might be able to repair it for $50 or so. Do this only if the rest of the radiator is in good shape.

rockauto. make sure it looks like your current one

as in hoses in same places etc.

Back