Tesla Crushing It - Again

Originally Posted by Astro14
Jeff - You start a Tesla thread, everyone argues. You start another one a few weeks later. I get that you're a fan, but, you seem to like the arguing. How many of your BITOG posts are in your Tesla threads? Half?

Honest question: What's the motivation for all these fan-boy threads?

Sincere request: can you start a thread about your ‘68 roadster? Or your 442? I'd love to hear more about them.

This thread is about Tesla beating analyst's predictions by a wide margin.
As far as the fan boy comment, I tend to dissuade people from buying these cars.

What do I admire about Tesla? Elon Musk and his company have put America on top of the EV world and in many ways on top of the car world.
Everyone is struggling to catch up. And, so far at least, pretty much failed.
They have been counted out since day 1, made tons of mistakes, have overcome many hurdles.
And they are right up the road from me in Fremont. My Oldsey was built there. NUMMI left, shuttering thousands of jobs, good jobs.
When Tesla reopened the plant, huge newspaper adds encouraged ex NUMMI employees to apply. Tax base and local businesses blossomed.
I do not understand the haters.

I don't like the arguing but I do like the differing opinions. Tesla threads go in off topic; technical threads go in (hopefully) their respective buckets.
By the way, I am pretty well versed on 2nd and 3rd gen Corvettes, from '64 to about '73. My education is bought and paid for.

68_Vette back.jpg

What I don't understand is why people that hate Tesla and everything about them keep participating vs. just ignoring the thread.
I've rarely seen such a polarizing topic.

To a very high degree people that have them become "fan boys". Certainly all the guys at my office have.

If a guy with as many toys as Jeff thinks it's fun and cool, and you like Jeffs toys, that should give one an indication as to just how fun they are.

BTW - The Vette is killer Jeff, Id also like to see the 4-4-2.

UD

Jeff - You start a Tesla thread, everyone argues. You start another one a few weeks later. I get that you're a fan, but, you seem to like the arguing. How many of your BITOG posts are in your Tesla threads? Half?

Honest question: What's the motivation for all these fan-boy threads?

Sincere request: can you start a thread about your ‘68 roadster? Or your 442? I'd love to hear more about them.

Agreed! I think Jeff gave the 68 Corvette to his BIL or his niece or another family member IIRC. I would much rather see a thread on the 442 than any Tesla. Astro: how about a thread on your 32 Packard?
cool.gif

Fair enough, Gman. The Packard is in storage while my shop is filled with various parts of a 1975 Mercedes 450SL that is getting some serious attention.

The day I load the Packard on a trailer to bring it down to the shop, I'll start a thread.

With pictures.

At the risk of being totally OT, here's the MB, well, its engine, anyway...look closely, the car is tucked in under the loft.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac
That support on the left looks a bit cattywumpus.

You mean the engine leveler on the hoist?

I couldn't have done the engine without the ability to change the tilt...

[Linked Image]

Fair enough, Gman. The Packard is in storage while my shop is filled with various parts of a 1975 Mercedes 450SL that is getting some serious attention.

The day I load the Packard on a trailer to bring it down to the shop, I'll start a thread.

With pictures.

At the risk of being totally OT, here's the MB, well, its engine, anyway...look closely, the car is tucked in under the loft.

[Linked Image]

I meant my other left. ...‚.

I am looking at the support post on the far right that supports your loft area. It could be the picture too.

I suspect the price run up in the last few days is in response to several things. They will announce their Q2 earnings on 7/22 and they are expected to show a profit. If they show profits for four quarters in a row that opens the door to a S&P 500 listing. They are getting a needed tax incentive for the new factory in Austin TX. They have also just filed for a patent on a new anode free Li-Ion battery cell. Elon is also hinting that their full autonomous driving technology is "very close". It should not be difficult to raise $15 billion or so to build more gigafactories and expand their supercharger station base and after the sale service and support network, all necessary to drive sales of their EV's.

I am anxiously awaiting the September 15th Battery/Investor Day conference. I'm guessing we will see some volatility in the stock price before then, but if some of the announcements are as exciting as anticipated we should see another big spike in the price.

Originally Posted by Dwight_Frye
They will announce their Q2 earnings on 7/22 and they are expected to show a profit. If they show profits for four quarters in a row that opens the door to a S&P 500 listing.

2 possible things:
If Tesla enters the S&P, index funds will buy TSLA driving up the price further, so speculators wanna get in now.
Short Squeeze - some short sellers are cutting their losses by buying TSLA now to cover their shorts. They are anticipating the run to 2000.

Both of these contribute to the run up.
Crazy stuff.

Back