Civic rear wheel bearing

So in 2013 Honda Civic went from the big spindle nut type of rear wheel bearing to the kind that has the four bolts . I have a 2013 Civic with a bad rear wheel bearing. This Civic has drum rear brakes. It will be easy to remove the 4 bolts as they are on the outside. My question is: will I be able to manipulate the bearing with the 4 bolt flanges out of the drum brake mechanism without disassembling the drum brake mechanism? I really hate messing around with drum brake mechanisms!!!

I would remove the drum, and take a few pic's of how it all goes together, then remove the backing plate if the bolts are easy to get to. If not, remove only what you need to to get the back plate off. The rest is just remove the bolts, and install the new bearing. Put back what you tool off, and your done.,,,

Thanks for the replies. I will schedule it for 20 minutes rather than the much longer job I was afraid of !!

Can't view YT vids from work, but this thumbnail seems to indicate you can get them out without futzing with the shoes...

[Linked Image]

Yep, that thumbnail settles the question.

Thanks for searching for me. I thought I had done a pretty good job of searching YT on this. I kept getting vids on the spindle nut hubs. Guess I gave up too soon.

Back