Nokian Entyre C/S

My son's getting a set of (4) installed on his 2014 Santa Fe. I haven't used Nokian tires before. . . my son, being young and on a budget is getting them for $161.00 each, installed price. That seems fair for a 65,000 mile tire. Has anyone used Nokian? Comments?

I bought a set of the Entyre C/S's for our GMC Acadia about 7 months ago. I've been very impressed with the handling/responsiveness and how quiet they are. Had been running Conti CrossContact LX20 for several sets and these are an upgrade.

I've never used the Entyre, but I've had a few sets of Nokian all weather tires, and I've become a big fan. I have WR G3s on the S70 and Rotiiva A/Ts on the Sierra currently.

Yes I like them and have 40k on just the regular Entyres. The important thing is to keep up on the rotations every 4 to 6k miles. Rotate at first sign of irregular wear even if it happens before 4K miles per their recommendation. I'd get them again.

Originally Posted by Robster
My son's getting a set of (4) installed on his 2014 Santa Fe. I haven't used Nokian tires before. . . my son, being young and on a budget is getting them for $161.00 each, installed price. That seems fair for a 65,000 mile tire. Has anyone used Nokian? Comments?

Nokian are top notch tires, can't comment on price as every seller id different.

Last edited:
My only experience with Nokian was on my 2006 Jetta TDI using the Nokian Entyre. I purchased 5 new tires about 6 years ago and faithfully rotated about every 10,000 miles. I loved the tires and some of the unique features until the shoulder of each tire started cracking around the 2 year mark at which time, the total miles I had added was bout 50,000. By 2.5 years, they were looking pretty scary. I was glad when Nokian replaced all 5 as defective without any adjustment for mileage. The next 5 also lasted just 2.5 years and another 50,000 miles. I am hoping the newest Nokian Entyre C/S will perform better. Curious as to whether anyone else has had similar experience with the Entyre.

Thanks for the comments guys! Based on your positive comments, I'm feeling better about his choice. He was going to go with the GY Assurance Plus, until we saw the Nokian deal.

My son got the Nokian tires installed--his initial impression of them is very good. I was perusing the Nokian website and they seem to be very customer-oriented. I also sent them a question on their Facebook page and they quickly responded (was asking if there were any current rebate programs--there isn't).

I have been using Nokian tires since 2003 and they are unequivocally the best tire for my needs that I have used. Construction and durability is world class and the treadwear tends to usually exceed the warranty by a fair margin in my experience.

I currently have WRG4 tires on my 2018 Subaru Outback, the tires have a 60,000 mile warranty but it looks like I will probably get 70,000-75,000 miles out of them before replacement. Best tires I have ever seen for winter driving that was not a dedicated winter tire.

My Nokian Entyre cracking shoulders may have been made worse by the Kansas summer heat. I always wondered how they would do in a more temperate climate and perhaps the issue was limited in scope. I would rate the tires as among the best I have had until the cracking happened.

Have the C/S. They got plenty of cornering grip for some canyon carving, haven't pushed them hard enough to hear them squeal though.

The Aramid reinforced sidewalls should be good for roads in bad conditions.

Back