Nu Finish on soon-to-be daughter's car

Sometimes if it has a coating of dust, dirt, pollen, etc you will see large puddles like that. Then after it's washed the tight beads of water repellency will return. Just use a mild soap on it. Even when washing you will prob notice that it still has decent protection on the paint. Although a second coat never hurts.

Sometimes if it has a coating of dust, dirt, pollen, etc you will see large puddles like that. Then after it's washed the tight beads of water repellency will return. Just use a mild soap on it. Even when washing you will prob notice that it still has decent protection on the paint. Although a second coat never hurts.

Agreed - I've used it in the past and it may not give the deepest shine or anything but water beads. If there's a light layer of dust or pollen, it's probably that catching the water and not the painted surface.

Interesting.. I've always gotten good service out of NuFinish. Great water beading, etc.

I've been kind of hooked on Turtle Wax ice, seal and shine spray lately. It totally woke the finish up on my daughter's 2015 Nissan Sentra that I don't think was ever washed/waxed until we bought it last year.

I don't know my Chryslers. Are the 200's the ones which have (had?) questionable CVT?

Would it be smart to advise her not to pound on the gas too hard?

Just thinking longevity. Best of luck with it.

I don't know my Chryslers. Are the 200's the ones which have (had?) questionable CVT?

Would it be smart to advise her not to pound on the gas too hard?

Just thinking longevity. Best of luck with it.
you're way off. clearly you don't know your Chryslers

I live near Notre Dame in Indiana dwcopple . Just curious what is your close city in Michigan?

There is another good AIO product you can use called Duragloss 105. IMO more durable than NuFinish and much easier to put on and off. Costs $12 at CarQuest or you can order from Amazon. Best Bang for the Buck protection in a bottle you can buy.

I am sure your daughter will have no complaints with the car. Just hope she is working for it. Congrats to her ðŸ‘
It also doesn't stain trim like NF does...

Washed it and applied the 2nd coat this AM. Here's the pics. We'll see how it lasts. I am done with it for this year. ;)
3RMqJsc.jpg

z3dIOL6.jpg

oDydQfX.jpg

8qa6Hue.jpg

u0HlyCP.jpg

So for the first time in weeks, we got 20 mins of rain yesterday. That Chrysler hasn't moved since these pics. Very very disappointed in the beading of the NF. Water on the trunk and roof were half dollar in size. Ugh. I'll be doing another coat soon it seems.
Did you clay before applying the first coat? Water beading will not be good if the surface has irregularities from contaminants.

I have used that NU finish stuff before and it lasts a long time, it tends to not make the rain bead like some waxes do, the rain just kind of slides right off, but it is still protecting against UV paint damage etc ,and without water beading there won't be water spots.It's a good wax and if you loath waxing like I do and only wax my car maybe every 1-2 years it seems to hold up well IMO.

I have used that NU finish stuff before and it lasts a long time, it tends to not make the rain bead like some waxes do, the rain just kind of slides right off, but it is still protecting against UV paint damage etc ,and without water beading there won't be water spots.It's a good wax and if you loath waxing like I do and only wax my car maybe every 1-2 years it seems to hold up well IMO.
Once the dust was rinsed off it was beading nice tight beads and repelled well. I guess people were right about dust not allowing small beading.

Back