Please Read: BITOG forums migrating to Xenforo

Thank you to everyone in moderation... I mean thank you for all your hard work to accomplish this changeover
smile.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Good luck in XF
smile.gif

Will we still have the same smileys?
45.gif
lol.gif

I have to say the smileys here are much better. Not corny looking or anything this one is my fav!!
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Cool, look forward to seeing the new site.
I just updated my email address as well.

banana2.gif

Last edited:
Wayne, as everyone else has said, a big thank you to you and the team for keeping this site modern and putting in the hard work.

A question, will there still be the option to hide the "left column" or recent threads column? I view on an iPad and with this column it makes it too small. I love that we can turn it off, I haven't had it on in years.

Also, a suggestion as someone who works in IT and knows that users do not always hardly ever follow directions and are that observant
lol.gif
. I know you've posted it in this thread under General Board Information, but I doubt that many will see this. I'd suggest sending a mass message out to all members so they're more likely to see it to make sure their email address is up to date. I predict there will be mass hysteria that they can't login.

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Didn't the software get upgraded a few months ago?

August 2019 was a UBBThreads point upgrade.

Glad to hear this, it just goes to show you if you squeak long enough you will get greased....

Will we be able to add our own avatars or have some to choose from?

Exciting!

Thank you for the hard work. I was on the implementation team for a new EHR for a large, multi-site hospital....you can imagine how that went. I understand the heartaches!

Not sure I understand this: "....UBBThreads display name as your Xenforo username..."

Maybe I'm overthinking this??

PS - Thanks in advance for all the work AND thought that has gone in to this!!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by gizzsdad
Not sure I understand this: "....UBBThreads display name as your Xenforo username..."

Maybe I'm overthinking this??

Post migration, your login ID (user name) will be the same as your current display name, so gizzsdad, in your case.

Originally Posted by wwillson
Probably the most important user account issue is that Xenforo only has one account username. We used your UBBThreads display name as your Xenforo username. You will log into Xenforo with your UBBThreads display name.

Doesn't Xenforo also allow you to log in with your email address, as an alternative to username?

Originally Posted by '03 EB/B Corvette Z06
We used your UBBThreads display name as your Xenforo username.

Can I change this prior to migration?

Good question.
I'd like to change my user name and still keep my long-standing post count.

Originally Posted by '03 EB/B Corvette Z06
We used your UBBThreads display name as your Xenforo username.

Can I change this prior to migration?

If you want your UBB display named changed, send me a PM

Well goody gum drops does that mean you're going to turn us loose like adults and let us edit our post for more than 30 milliseconds after we've posted?

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Well goody gum drops does that mean you're going to turn us loose like adults and let us edit our post for more than 30 milliseconds after we've posted?

Yes, you will have a longer post edit time period than 30 milliseconds.

ok, so I'm confused on what the Display Name is because the email suggests it won't be my existing user name? ..but wouldn't it be the same? MN Driver appears to be my display name and it's not customizable. It's also my user name here now, is it not the same for some people?

Back