RAM about to pass Silverado sales

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
The best looking truck today is the Jeep Gladiator.

You're the only person I've heard say that. To me, something about the proportions is off.

Originally Posted by glock19

You're the only person I've heard say that. To me, something about the proportions is off.

Exactly how I feel … was waiting for that truck to arrive … then I waited hoping to get used to how it looks … then bought a Wrangler Ultd Rubicon

I agree. The Wrangler models look great, but something about the Gladiator...I dunno, can't put my finger on it.

Pretty long wheelbase to attempt the things Jeep Wrangler does … one of our engineers has had many Jeeps … now both a 2 door and 4 door JL Rubicon … and said if I wanted something that long and expensive, I'd buy a pickup from the main brands. (and did, GMC) …

Originally Posted by zrxkawboy

I agree. The Wrangler models look great, but something about the Gladiator...I dunno, can't put my finger on it.

I'm not a fan of the Gladiator either, but they did good with the Wrangler, again.

I know … next week I'll have a heart to heart with our Chief Engineer … will be a new meaning of title search.

Good looking gladiators are lifted with larger tires. Stock seems to be a bit long and low.

The Silverado is almost in the double-ugly class like the Pontiac Aztek. Why can't GM learn?
And the Ram 1500 is beautiful. I really like the front end styling. And the crystal red metallic color is so deep, you can swim in it.

It may be ugly, but at least the Chevy is available with a 4 cylinder engine.
grin2.gif
Yeah, they'll sell dozens of them...

Originally Posted by PowerSurge
Originally Posted by BigD1
Would be a good article if the author would snip out his rude political commentary.

I went back to see what you are talking about and yeah, totally unnecessary but what do we expect from a ‘journalist'?

Article seemed accurate to me.
Yeah, me too.

The Silverado is almost in the double-ugly class like the Pontiac Aztek.

Finally a truck with the styling sensibility of a 16th century South American warrior....

...and people say the Ridgeline front end is ugly - maybe but at least it's functionally slippery aero wise.

Back