Throwing in the towel on local clothing retailers

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Originally Posted by earlyre
if you think it's any easier for us tubbos, it surely isn't.... especially if you need pants with an inseam UNDER 30"... my actual measured inseam is around 26"... (5'9" - long Torso, short legs) add that to my 50" waist...
and now up to 4XL shirt size...

and here i thought Americans were, on the average, getting Fatter, like me, but, i still have to hunt for clothes.
I have to try on every pair of pants, b/c there can be a wide variance in a singe size. one will fit fine, the second can't be buttoned...

I've said for years, there's enough "Big and Tall" stores, around, I need a "Short and Fat" store....

Found this for you:

interesting...but..$127/shirt? outside of my budget to be sure..

Originally Posted by user52165
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
I'm a 32 X30 I'll tell you it isn't very often Costco has my size mostly have XL and XXL. There must be a lot of people out there in need of hitting the gym.

Years of hitting the food court and every free sample.
crazy2.gif

Don't forget the "All you can eat" smorgs.

Yep....same issue here.

Also hate all pants are "skinny". I've lost weight, and in that size range too (34/36 30)

I like the loose straight jeans- plenty of room, but still look nice and presentable.

If I wanted to torture my man parts all day- I still would not wear skinny pants.....

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
There must be a lot of people out there in need of hitting the gym.

^^ I always wonder the same thing ^^ what is with all the 42 x 30 jeans ALWAYS stocked??

36x34 or 36x36 for me - -
I almost have to go to the western store and pay $60-$70 for a pair of jeans because my size is so seldom stocked.

My issue with buying online is I need to try it on. Some stuff seems to fit differently.

I try to get to places when they open. Eddie Bauer is my go to for nice shorts and jeans. Old pairs get retired for oil change/ work pairs. WM has pretty decent stuff too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PowerSurge
It's even worse with 34" inseam pants.

I used to get lucky nobody ever bought the 32x34s in the styles I wore so they'd end up on the clearance rack, but the retailers must have figured out my strategy and they don't really stock them anymore, plus I can't fit in most 32x34s anymore I gotta have a 34x34 or 36x34 depending on the style.

I don't intend to name names, but my local Kohl's store is horrible about this. If you need an *uncommon* size, they're your source.

If you're a 34x34... forget it.

I'm tall and skinny and wear 31X34. I have no problem finding jeans at Kohls.
My wife is 5'8.5" and wears long. She says long is hard to find sometimes. She got these camo jeans at Plato's Closet.
They have stores dotted across the country and is a good place for women to go.
We rode bikes by the airport, many planes grounded.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by skyactiv
I'm tall and skinny and wear 31X34. I have no problem finding jeans at Kohls.
My wife is 5'8.5" and wears long. She says long is hard to find sometimes. She got these camo jeans at Plato's Closet.
They have stores dotted across the country and is a good place for women to go.
We rode bikes by the airport, many planes grounded.
[Linked Image]

She's HOT!
20.gif

Now you know why brick and mortar stores are slowly dying out and why on-line companies are doing so well. Reminds me of a funny story about a custom meat/cheese store in Lancaster, PA. My wife loved this cheese they sold but more often than not, they were sold out. One day after another failed attempt to purchase it, she asked the counter man why they didn't order more. He said, "It sells out so fast that we can't keep it in stock so we quit handling it!" So much for the profit motive.

Originally Posted by Boomer
Now you know why brick and mortar stores are slowly dying out and why on-line companies are doing so well. Reminds me of a funny story about a custom meat/cheese store in Lancaster, PA. My wife loved this cheese they sold but more often than not, they were sold out. One day after another failed attempt to purchase it, she asked the counter man why they didn't order more. He said, "It sells out so fast that we can't keep it in stock so we quit handling it!" So much for the profit motive.

OMG. LOL.

I think the manufacturers of the lessor costs clothes from overseas pack a mix of sizes into one large delivery box. The retailer can order however many boxes he/she wants, but can not vary the mix of sizes.

The worst is costco or sams club.

Piles of clothes as tall as myself, but not one pair of pants I can wear.

Also no where to try it on, so I end up buying blindly and throwing it in a closet when it doesn't fit instead of returning it.

I have had decent luck getting slacks for work from JCP or Old Navy online.

Originally Posted by jrvn
worse yet is if you need tall man t shirts ive been searching the net for some lighter weight t shirts that have longer torso than the regular size, I can use a large tall(tough to find) or XL tall depending on the maker brand some come in like a circus tent, mostly been using Fruit of the loom xl tall v neck white tees since they are very light weight and comfy with extended length is all I can find

American Apparel t shirts are my go to for cheap t shirts and I have a longer torso. I order them from Amazon. The Kirkland t shirts from Costco are too boxy for me. Large isn't long enough and Xl is long enough but for fatter guys.

Yes, the most common sizes always seem to be out of stock...it seems more and more I have to order what I need online...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SeaJay
I think the manufacturers of the lessor costs clothes from overseas pack a mix of sizes into one large delivery box. The retailer can order however many boxes he/she wants, but can not vary the mix of sizes.

This.

I pretty much buy from LL Bean anymore. I've found what I need, which is 29" inseam. I'm 5'11" so I wear tall shirts and have short arms and legs.

They also offer odd sized waist, so I have a collection of 35-37" waist pants depending on how good I'm being with my diet and exercise.

Few places offer odd waist sizes. Ditto for tall clothes.

I'm a mess when it comes to buying clothes.

Add in wide shoes and it's a trifecta
smile.gif

Back