Best lube for refrigerator door hinges?

When I open my fridge, the doors creak. I have attached pics of the upper & lower hinges. The lower one has a red arrow indicating which direction is up.

I have a silicone WD40, motor oil of course, and SeaFoam penetrating lubricant. Which of these would be best for this job?

20200706_110431.jpg

20200706_110503.jpg

Hard to tell exactly, but from your picture you likely need new cams. The ones for my refrigerator are available on Amazon and elsewhere.

[Linked Image from easyappliancepartscom.azureedge.net]

Looks like an old GE. Just unscrew them, clean them, and use some PTFE super lube, honda shin etsu, sil-glyde or dielectric grease, IMO.

Dielectric grease is best as its food safe and also very water resistant. A little goes a long way so don't over do it. Works great on door hinges as well.

Coconut oil.

Heat a tablespoon/teaspoon amount in a small dish.
Then, dribble the oil over the hinge while opening and closing the fridge door.

Did this once several years ago on a very squeaky deep freeze lid with metal hinges.
Still haven't heard a single peep/squeak from it.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Hard to tell exactly, but from your picture you likely need new cams. The ones for my refrigerator are available on Amazon and elsewhere.

Thanks kschachin,
I thought I had a problem with people not shutting the refrigerator door. I just checked, looks like the door cams are worn out!

Back