Grocery store tap and run (pic)

Came out great! Glad you were able to DIY.

I wonder if that ~$500 PDR quote was because of the crease and maybe if they could get it done easier they charge you less? Just asking because I've never used them. Never saw a single ding quote so high.

As much as I hate dings, they don't get repaired on my DDs unless it's something huge.

Publix has a lot of cameras outside of their stores. They can zoom in on a hand written letter and read every word of it. I know this. When I lived in Tampa, FL a car hit and ran my friends truck. Publix was able to pull up the cars license plate and the police charged the lady with leaving the scene of an accident. Her insurance paid for the damage.

That S..ks.
Freaking people are unreal.
My wife and I joke all the time, wherever I park, no matter how far from the doors of a supermarket I park, there can be nothing but open spaces around me, yet when I go back to my truck someone is always right next to me. Kind of weird human "pack" mentality I think. No matter how many empty spaces, some feel the need to park next to another vehicle.

Anyway, same thing happened to my last truck, a Durango, just about 6 months ago, wasnt as bad as yours and I got over it quick as the truck was getting older anyway and just replaced with the new one.
But I had the last one 10 years with only one tiny ding until that day that I parked in a place opposite some big old jacked up pickup and that was the day I had the damage. I even figured out how he did it, of course didnt leave a note on my windshield.

I was at the Seffner, Fl. (Small town l lived in 11 miles from down town Tampa) post office to check my P.O. BOX. I was in my 1997 F-150 parked next to a handicap parking spot. A 1977 Ford Good Times van pulled up next to me in the handicap spot. An elderly man opened his door into my truck door with a huge bang! Man, l jumped out of my truck and ran around to see how bad it was. He started walking into the post office like nothing happened. I told him what he just did and he said,"Really, l did that?" I said H ELL YES YOU DID! Come to find out he was legally deaf.
Anyway, to keep from reporting it to his insurance company, he went with me to my choice of body shop and paid for the damage. I also found out he was a cattle farmer and was quite wealthy. We became good friends afterwards and l visited him and his wife quite often. He had horses and cows. Me and my son were able to ride on some of his horses.
This turned out to be a nice accident. I made some very good friends from this.
smile.gif

Great job on the repair.

I park the Giulia in the furthest possible spot. I'd say a good 40% of the time I come out of the store and someone (usually a minivan) has decided to park right next to me. I just don't get it.

Originally Posted by wemay
Came out of Publix and discovered this...
Ordered a dent puller with slide hammer. Got some of it out with the cheap suction cup. I know it won't be perfect but we do what we can. ARGH! There's a lot worse going on in life right now, I'll get over this soon.

I got hit in the same location on my driver side.

Originally Posted by wemay
Originally Posted by CT8
I remember back in 1976 I had a brand new Porsche 911 and parked it at the farthest end of the parking lot and when I came back i had a dent just like that I was a bit upset but then realized I didn't have to worry about getting another dent in it and the car was used with out another worry. A few years later it was stolen ! Never saw the car again.

Very true. The initial p.i.s.s.e.d-off-ness wears off and you continue living.

So true. Now it's just there.

A bunch of years ago some guy that I thought to myself looked too old to be driving at night caved in the drivers door on my then almost new 09 Suburban. I was parked all the way in the back of a takeout restaurant's lot for exactly that reason. As I was walking to my truck he drove out past me. I got up to my door and saw the damage. He was already gone. I went back inside because they all seemed to know him. Everyone played dumb. Never went back to that place again.
I bought a few PDR tools and got it pretty good. Still [censored] me off though. Now the truck needs some paint work so I'll finally get the door fixed correctly.

Back