New vehicles with a 4 speed transmission?

2020 will be the last model year for the Dodge Journey.

Surprisingly enough, you could still buy a Journey with a 2.4L and a 4-speed auto.

Are there any other new vehicles in 2020 that have a 4-speed?

Originally Posted by MrHorspwer

Are there any other new vehicles in 2020 that have a 4-speed?

I would be VERY surprised if there were

Originally Posted by Kira
The Nissan Frontier has a 4 speed, no?

No, the Frontier has a 5-speed automatic or 6-speed manual transmission.

Originally Posted by Kira
The Nissan Frontier has a 4 speed, no?

The 2020 Frontier only comes with a 3.8L V6 and a 9 speed automatic according to the EPA.
Nissan is releasing the 2020 late in the model year.

I'm trying to think of the most awful vehicles, like Transit Connects or Nissan NV200s, Mitsubishis, Minis, but keep coming up with CVTs or 6+ speed trannies.

The Micra in Canada has a 4-speed auto
08.gif

I wish they sold them down here
cry.gif

The last real Yaris, the last one that was actually a real Toyota, had a 4-speed auto. It was replaced by a Mazda 2 which has a 6-speed auto

The Nissan Versa was available with the 4spd automatic up until 2017 in the US. It's called the Micra about everywhere else. May very well have continued w/ the 4AT beyond 2017 for them.

Many CVT transmissions program a stutter like a gear shift. 4 stutters may be out there.

Originally Posted by JTK
The Nissan Versa was available with the 4spd automatic up until 2017 in the US. It's called the Micra about everywhere else. May very well have continued w/ the 4AT beyond 2017 for them.

The Micra is a different car
smile.gif

The Versa's international name is Tiida (not Tilda, Tiida, yes, two eyes)
crazy2.gif

It appears from the Dodge website that 2019 was the last year that one could even get the Journey with the 3.6 liter engine.

Build and price a 2020, and the only engine option available is the 4 banger and 4 speed.

the dodge journey is an exercise is what is wrong with american car makers:
-decent looking exterior
-nicely laid out interior
-haphazard quality control
-apathetic consumer orientation
-greedy, lazy attitude to updating.
add some serious corporate attention to q.c., periodic updates and a 6 speed auto trans to its 4 cylinder engine, and the journey would have a decent little hauler.

for years toyota cheaped out on 4sp auto trans for its 4cyl models, including my yaris. the well executed tradeoff was bulletproof q.c. you would really have to go intentionally out of your way to muck up the powertrain of my yaris or prior 2004 corolla.

The Journey is the last of the breed. The Corolla had a 4-speed with the L trim until 2016. The 2.4L engine is also well over a decade old as well.

The long-term reliability of the Journey is horrible with that powertrain. Many of those vehicles have been bought for rideshare and that combination simply can't take the stress. For daily duties it's perfectly fine although you need to make sure to keep the transmission fluid fresh.

http://dashboard-light.com/vehicles/Dodge_Journey.html

I wrote about the Journey five years ago. Even then it was a dead duck wading.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/12/anyone-ever-recommend-dodge-journey/

Originally Posted by macarose
The Journey is the last of the breed. The Corolla had a 4-speed with the L trim until 2016. The 2.4L engine is also well over a decade old as well.

The long-term reliability of the Journey is horrible with that powertrain. Many of those vehicles have been bought for rideshare and that combination simply can't take the stress. For daily duties it's perfectly fine although you need to make sure to keep the transmission fluid fresh.

http://dashboard-light.com/vehicles/Dodge_Journey.html

I wrote about the Journey five years ago. Even then it was a dead duck wading.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/12/anyone-ever-recommend-dodge-journey/

I rented a Journey with the 3.6 Pentastar, and remember thinking how the chassis absolutely could not handle that much power. It was better off with the 2.4.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by eyeofthetiger

I rented a Journey with the 3.6 Pentastar, and remember thinking how the chassis absolutely could not handle that much power. It was better off with the 2.4.
grin2.gif

I was wondering about that. I've never driven or even ridden in a Journey, but given how a pentastar can easily propel a Ram 1500, it's gotta be a rip in a Journey. Literally. LOL

geez...I had a Journey as a company car around 2010? 4 cyl and 4 spd auto....SLOWEST car I've driven since the original 1982(?) Chevy Cavalier with auto and carb'd engine.

Journey was a hazard to drive...couldn't get up to speed on the Interstate on ramp fast enough to get out of harms way. I remember thinking it rode like a 70's land yacht...very soft...but very slow.

Originally Posted by JTK
Originally Posted by eyeofthetiger

grin2.gif

I was wondering about that. I've never driven or even ridden in a Journey, but given how a pentastar can easily propel a Ram 1500, it's gotta be a rip in a Journey. Literally. LOL

I kinda liked the rental I had with the 3.6. Though I wouldn't say they're overpowered, they do torque steer a bit but nothing crazy.

41TES which is in the Journey, traces its roots all the way back to TorqueFlite transmission too. All the transmissions now that Mopar makes don't have any TorqueFlite history to them...

The 41TE/A604/42LE/42RLE/A606 doesn't share anything with the Torqueflite, It's he 3 speed (A404 A413 A470 A670 31TH) transaxles that are similar to the Torqueflite. They do look similar it appearance & physical size though......

Back