Adding 20W50 Mobil 1 V-TWIN for top off.

Originally Posted by greentengu9
There's a pretty much underground Lotus presence in Berks, Bucks, and Lehigh Counties in PA, with some pre-GM owners using 20w-50 depending on model.

While some owners seem to gravitate to the Valvoline Racing Oils, or "Euro" oils, I actually use the M1 V-Twin full synthetic. So, there are a few "heavyweight" oil users scattered about the region, too.

I also have ST HD 15w-40 (Conventional) in my ‘72 Grand Prix with an AC Delco PF-24.

Get out, my first car was a 72 Grand Prix SJ Model. Dad gave it to me for my 17th birthday present. Mom & Dad would not let me drive till I turned 17. My GP had 72,xxx original miles on it also -- 400 cubic inches 4 barrel with a 400 turbo trans and factory duals.

50 Grade in an engine with a 20 Grade recommendation.

You guys would kill me if I did that to a Ford

Why didn't you use the 20 Grade just out of curiosity?
Not that I think the V-Twin is going to hurt it.

Originally Posted by Gene K

Gene, did not open up any of my PPPP 5W20 & 0W20 5 quart jugs at that moment he was over. One quart of the Mobil 1 V-Twin was already opened. Since then, I have stocked up some 5W30 & 10W30 QSUD 5 quart jugs.

Its fine, but I would question more when did he ever change the oil?
Anyway, if he was that low, I am sure it will get changed before the end of the summer. :eek:)

Originally Posted by alarmguy
Its fine, but I would question more when did he ever change the oil?
Anyway, if he was that low, I am sure it will get changed before the end of the summer. :eek:)

The oil will be changed before the end of summer. He said, "it uses oil running 10W30" -- im thinking he should step up to a 40 grade then.

Originally Posted by Gene K

Yesss.....I would first use xW20 as a flushing oil
smile.gif

And then proceed with anything in 40 or 50 flavour...

Back