Saw a new BMW and had to do a double take.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

What MCompact said, NICE! I think they are one of the best looking SUV's on the market, and in M trim? I imagine it is an absolute blast to drive.

I had a Long Beach Blue X5 M press loaner when my son and I were doing a story on A Weekend With Heroes at the BMW CCA Foundation in Greenville, SC. It was incredible; reaching north of 130 mph without even beginning to break a sweat.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by MCompact

What MCompact said, NICE! I think they are one of the best looking SUV's on the market, and in M trim? I imagine it is an absolute blast to drive.

I had a Long Beach Blue X5 M press loaner when my son and I were doing a story on A Weekend With Heroes at the BMW CCA Foundation in Greenville, SC. It was incredible; reaching north of 130 mph without even beginning to break a sweat.

[Linked Image]

Stunning!

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Stunning!

+1

Not a fan of SUVs, but I could make an exception for this one.
smile.gif

Performance SUV's have kind of become my "thing" as you might have noticed, lol. I was infatuated with the X6M when it first came out and am a big fan of its Mercedes likeness, the GLE coupe. I am really hoping that FCA produces a performance EV version of the Grand Cherokee SRT, I'd be all over that so fast it would be disgusting. I know the current plans are a PHEV version of the next GC, but it doesn't sound at all performance-oriented, which is where Tesla is pretty much the only game in town with the Model Y.

Originally Posted by MCompact

[Linked Image]

Properly equipped, they'll reach a claimed 177 mph. Haven't had a chance to verify that yet...

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Stunning!

+1

Not a fan of SUVs, but I could make an exception for this one.
smile.gif

Performance SUV's have kind of become my "thing" as you might have noticed, lol. I was infatuated with the X6M when it first came out and am a big fan of its Mercedes likeness, the GLE coupe. I am really hoping that FCA produces a performance EV version of the Grand Cherokee SRT, I'd be all over that so fast it would be disgusting. I know the current plans are a PHEV version of the next GC, but it doesn't sound at all performance-oriented, which is where Tesla is pretty much the only game in town with the Model Y.

With the GVWR, they can also make a nice tax write-off.

Originally Posted by hemitom
reminds me of a kia forte and and a Elantra.

That was my initial thought when l first saw one on the road.

The rear pillar window design was getting long in the tooth and this new design makes it more modern looking. I'm starting to get used to the design. Not sure if l will ultimately like it.

That 4 series GT or whatever it is, it is horrid design. Only thing worse that that design is people who find it attractive.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by john_pifer
I think someone has actually photoshopped the BMW roundel and "M" onto a Versa.

In Edmonton in the late '80s/early '90's someone had put a BMW roundel on a Lada. My daughter pointed it out to the guys in her crowd and they wouldn't believe her. Needless to say she's left those guys behind.

Yes I understand that it's public, but you should've done the right thing and blurred the owner's license plate. This isn't right posting someone's car on the internet like that.

I asked the driver if I could take the picture as they were leaving while I just got there. I offered (as a courtesy because it is public as you mentioned) to hide the tag as I do for other pics. He said not necessary as the vehicle was a courtesy car while his was at the dealer.

Last edited:
The 4 series or 3 series gt looked Similar to that, but i think they dropped that model a few years back.

Yes I understand that it's public, but you should've done the right thing and blurred the owner's license plate. This isn't right posting someone's car on the internet like that.

Can you please explain this? I have seen many folks blurring their plates, and I never understood why...it is out there for all to see all the time. I don't get it. You can take and post public pictures all you want, why blur the plate?

Can you please explain this? I have seen many folks blurring their plates, and I never understood why...it is out there for all to see all the time. I don't get it. You can take and post public pictures all you want, why blur the plate?
The DMV isn't SUPPOSED to release owner information for a tag number (I think they slip from time to time), but if you see a plate online and you happen to know the poster, and you're for some reason obsessed with his car, you could look up his name on a Tax Assessor's website, get his address, and go steal his car. This is the theory. Whether or not it's ever actually happened would be another story. People are just being safe, rather than sorry.

So they can get my address? You can get that just by knowing my name. Anybody with any google-foo can find that stuff. I drive my car with my plates exposed every day, and hundreds of folks can see them...I guess I just don't see the difference.

The point is, posting someone's personal info online regardless whether it can be seen in public is bad form. You're essentially broadcasting it to the world.

Tell me, why does Google Maps blur out license plates?

The point is, posting someone's personal info online regardless whether it can be seen in public is bad form. You're essentially broadcasting it to the world.

Tell me, why does Google Maps blur out license plates?

No clue...makes no sense to me. You can literally look at google maps and see a car sitting in the driveway of a house, with a clear address and street name, and yet the plate is blurred. I don't get it. I can then pull up the county treasurer info. on that house, know your name, what you paid for your house and when, and what you pay in taxes...but oh geesh, don't share the make and model of your car...

Back