Chinese air filters?

Is there really a difference between OEM Briggs air filters and cheap Chinese ones. They look very similar and quality seems nearly identical. Is there really a difference or are they stamped out of the same Chinese factory with different names printed on them.

Screenshot_20200703-021733.jpg

Screenshot_20200703-021749.jpg

I'm trying to wrap my head around Briggs and quality in the same sentence. Everything is Chinese nowadays. You will be challenged to find alternate country of origin manufacturing on many items like these.

When I have strayed from OEM, the only thing I noticed is the sealing gasket is of a stiffer material and doesn't seal as well as the OEM filter.

I've used plenty of the cheaper/Chinese ones. Never had an issue with any of them.

Check eBay as well. Can get cheap as long as you don;t mind shipping from China.

Given my recent experiences with Amazon, I'd be more concerned about the probable knock off that is being sold as OEM than an honest aftermarket copy being sold as such....

Take the chance, for an OPE air filter you can determine of it seems good enough as soon as you open the package.

I ordered 5 of them for 8 bucks on Amazon and got them in two days vs 8 dollars for just one OEM one at Lowe's and last time I ordered directly from China they never showed up...‚

I've used a few offbrand (EP Auto) cabin air and regular air filters in my Accord and in other vehicles and the fit/finish is excellent. I've also used a few Pronto and other weird brands and a lot of times it's just the same filter in a different package.

I use them, never seems to be a problem. However, don't order no brand name carburetor diaphragms, they don't work.

Back