Amazon still ships GF-5 oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today received my order of PUP 5w30.
It's ILSAC GF-5.
Called customer care and complained. I'll likely ask for a refund and return. Just for the fact that they should get the job done properly when advertising merchandises.

Here's the back of the jug I received
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Online purchasers can expect a majority SN Plus / GF5 for the rest of the summer. As brick & mortar stores begin to pull SN Plus items from the shelves and replace with SP, those pulled SN Plus jugs will likely be sold online-only.

Insisting on GF6 means treks inside the brick & mortar stores, for a look-see before purchasing.
I've been on wait to get Mobil-1 EP on rebate. I'm waiting for the brick & mortar Walmarts to stock SP / GF6 in 5w30. Then I'll apply for the rebate.

Does anyone actually think stores will pull SN Plus items to replace with SP, or just sell their existing stock, and when SP comes in, it comes in...

If it was advertised as SP or GF 6, then yes, you have a complaint. Otherwise, not so much...

My owners manual doesn't require GF-6, it still reads GF-5. I'll need to return it for the updated version so it'll match the oil I buy.

Looks like you might want to add the vehicle to your signature that requires GF-6 'cause otherwise, people are going to be confused. Or did Nissan and Honda change the spec for the oil that's required for the vehicles you have ?

Originally Posted by MNgopher
Does anyone actually think stores will pull SN Plus items to replace with SP, or just sell their existing stock, and when SP comes in, it comes in...
Absolutely not and there's zero reason for them to pull them.

So your going to return oil that has nothing wrong with it!?

confused.gif

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Absolutely not and there's zero reason for them to pull them.

Exactly. Post prior to mine seemed to imply otherwise...

Thousands of jugs of oil to sell. They are not going to dump perfectly good oil. OP has a pont...Ad was a little ahead of the actual product but they sent a quality product... so it just depends how hurt one is. Depending on mfg. date it might even be GF-6 oil anyway. Unless the OP's vehicle requires GF-6 they are more than good to go. As was previously mentioned brick and motor stores where one can actually see the oil is the way to get GF-6 for now.

I don't get it. You complained because you got GF-5 versus GF-6? LOL. Did they advertise it was GF-6 on the listing?

They approved licensing on May 1st of this year and no vehicle is scheduled to require it until 2021. Did you expect that in a month or two, they would dispose of all unopened GF-5 oils and replace them with GF-6? When there are millions of cars on the road today that GF-5 is more than capable of servicing? Just because GF-6 came out doesn't turn GF-5 into acid and tar immediately lmao.

I am sure he could run the 5 oil. He was just hoping to get the newest 6 product for his money.

Both Walmart/Amazon are showing "SP" on the back label. So technically you are correct. However, I wonder how much different the two oils are in reality. This is a great oil. The price of $24.97 is a little on the high side though. I'd look into Quaker State Ultimate for only $17.97. (Prices fluctuate) I'm not sure if a brick and mortar store will stock PUP though. If you decide to reorder in the future, who really knows if you will get the newest and greatest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back