wemay

Site Donor 2023
At least at this store:

MC also has a new bottle design.

20200702_083714.jpg

20200702_083708.jpg

20200702_083736.jpg

20200702_083832.jpg

Notice the batch/lot number on the bottle "F0820H3" ? I'll bet $1 that indicates it was produced at the end of February 2020 (week 08, year (20)20) so they've been making it for a while meaning bottles labeled API SN are likely in fact API SP that people have been buying and using since March. As others have said, they will use up existing labels and it's legit as long as the product inside is equal or better than what the label says. The bottles are probably produced "JIT" style because of the space they take up. I know most water-bottling facilities make the bottles in-house for the same reason.

Originally Posted by wemay
At least at this store:

5w30 Motorcraft Syn-blend?..... has only been 0w20 and 5w20 quart bottles here for years. Only 5w20 in the five quart jug.

Keep us updated on the new SP / GF6s at Walmart. Go there three times per day please to check.....lol

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Notice the batch/lot number on the bottle "F0820H3" ? I'll bet $1 that indicates it was produced at the end of February 2020 (week 08, year (20)20) so they've been making it for a while meaning bottles labeled API SN are likely in fact API SP that people have been buying and using since March. As others have said, they will use up existing labels and it's legit as long as the product inside is equal or better than what the label says. The bottles are probably produced "JIT" style because of the space they take up. I know most water-bottling facilities make the bottles in-house for the same reason.

That Valvoline lot code says that it was made on June 8, 2020. The "F" indicates the 6th month and the 8 is the day.

Originally Posted by JustinH
Good will the old stuff go on sale so I can stock up?

Highly unlikely as there's absolutely nothing wrong with "the old stuff". It will sell all the same. From the retailer's standpoint, I'll bet you nothing has changed as far as SKUs or part numbers (the manufacturers track the switchover by batch # or production date so they know). Walmart, Autozone, etc continue to order "Motorcraft Syn-blend 5W-20, 5-quart" like they've done for a long time.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
At least at this store:

5w30 Motorcraft Syn-blend?..... has only been 0w20 and 5w20 quart bottles here for years. Only 5w20 in the five quart jug.

Keep us updated on the new SP / GF6s at Walmart. Go there three times per day please to check.....lol

I think Ford may have enough cars / trucks getting into the second owner stage (who are more likely to change their own oil) that specify 5W-30 that it may make a comeback at Walmart.

The days when MC Blend was a big seller because of it's bargain status appear to be behind us permanently however.

Always cool to see the new labels come out.

COVID has reduced my driving this year to just over 3,000 miles to date. So hopefully the Havoline ProDS Boxes Will be sporting new labels when I'm ready to do a change in October or November. Not that it matters, but it's an OCD thing I guess.

Originally Posted by Gene K
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
At least at this store:

I think Ford may have enough cars / trucks getting into the second owner stage (who are more likely to change their own oil) that specify 5W-30 that it may make a comeback at Walmart.

The days when MC Blend was a big seller because of it's bargain status appear to be behind us permanently however.

Still recommended for the Ecoboost engines though. And regardless of the designation (syn vs blend), still a great performing oil. And at $18.XX, not a bad price.

Originally Posted by BLND1
Always cool to see the new labels come out.

COVID has reduced my driving this year to just over 3,000 miles to date. So hopefully the Havoline ProDS Boxes Will be sporting new labels when I'm ready to do a change in October or November. Not that it matters, but it's an OCD thing I guess.

I agree, i only went because it was right at opening time and very empty. Needed to pic up meds for my Mom. Otherwise....staying in.

Originally Posted by painfx
I went in WalMart yesterday and No API SP oils yet.

+1

Lot of empty shelf space in the Mobil 1 section... No 0w30 AFE, no 5w30 EP,... I guess bitog members have been taking advantage of the rollbacks...

Originally Posted by JustinH
Good will the old stuff go on sale so I can stock up?

Some of it already has. I picked up a 5 quart jug of M1 AP 0w20 for my Jeep for 18 bucks. Unfortunately, it was the last one on the shelf, or I would have created a stash.

Originally Posted by Hermann
Is Motorcraft Syn Blend still of Conoco-Phillips product?

Still ConocoPhillips filling the bulk tank at my local Ford Dealer. According to the CP Driver they have been dropping WSS-M2C960-A1 & WSS-92C961-A1 since before the beginning of the 2nd Quarter.

But it does put a nail in the coffin that all Motorcraft would be Synthetic going forward.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Gene K
Originally Posted by Hermann
Is Motorcraft Syn Blend still of Conoco-Phillips product?

Still ConocoPhillips filling the bulk tank at my local Ford Dealer. According to the CP Driver they have been dropping WSS-M2C960-A1 & WSS-92C961-A1 since before the beginning of the 2nd Quarter.

But it does put a nail in the coffin that all Motorcraft would be Synthetic going forward.

I doubt it dies, unless it cannot meet SP / GF6 certs. I'll bet it does and shares shelf space at Walmart with the Full Synthetic.
Around here, they both shared the same space for a while 7-10 years ago. Then the Full disappeared and never returned.

Back