Kia Oil Filter 26300-35505 vs 26300-35504

Different suppliers from 03 to to 04 to 05.. Fear not, same great specs, here comes the haters.

Applies to Hyundai also.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by rekit
Thanks. With the Theta 2.4 always cautious....

Why? I've ran so many different filters on mine, 0 problems discovered

Originally Posted by Robster
If you want to see the new -05's cut open, see my thread here: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/possible-counterfeit-hyunda-filters.320208/#post-5301449

Initially I suspected they were counterfeit (bought off Amazon), but it turns out they weren't and are built remarkably well for the price paid.

Thanks Rob
Those are some big round holes down it's center tube. I like it. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by SlavaB

Same.

I get a start up rattle for 0.5 - 1.0 seconds no matter what filter is on it.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by SlavaB

Same.

I get a start up rattle for 0.5 - 1.0 seconds no matter what filter is on it.

Try my AC Delco PF1127 Ecore..... 98eff@25/30miccrons...... almost identical to OEM specs across the board.

My factory 35504 didn't rattle on our Kia. But the dealer free oil change 35505 at 2k did rattle on occasion.
Factory fill was the same as dealer oil.... Total Quartz Semi-syn 5w20.
The slight rattle bugged me and that's when I contacted rockauto for specs on a different brand. I almost bought the Mann instead, but I feared small eyelids / louvers, so I decided to try Ecores for the first time in about 15 years.

Last edited:
I've switched to Mann W811/80 and am very happy with them, they are the filter Kia/Hyunday 'copied'. Filter media, flow rate and bypass valve pressure are same.
Mann are also made in Korea, supposedly at the same factory where Kia/Hyundai filters are made by Mann. Not to confuse with YoungDong made oil filters - they are the ones with phone number 031)339-2507 printed on them.

Originally Posted by dubber09
I've switched to Mann W811/80 and am very happy with them, they are the filter Kia/Hyunday 'copied'. Filter media, flow rate and bypass valve pressure are same.
Mann are also made in Korea, supposedly at the same factory where Kia/Hyundai filters are made by Mann. Not to confuse with YoungDong made oil filters - they are the ones with phone number 031)339-2507 printed on them.

Do you have flow vs delta-p curves or some kind of flow data to compare?

Originally Posted by dubber09

Wix has been reboxing them now, too, being they're under the Mann umbrella now. Plenty of Wix 51334, Napa Gold 1334, and even the Proselect 21334 cut open on BITOG and they were all reboxed OEM/Mann

only this data:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited:
Back