What type of cheese is everyone into?

Sounds like a Fully Synthetic Velvet
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Alfred_B
Velveeta is the only cheese to have. Never spoils, wonderful vibrant color and fairly versatile.

That's because Velveeta is not actually cheese. It's a product designed to resemble cheese.

They couldn't get the stent in, my cheese-aholic days are done. You guys have me drooling. I was a blue cheese hater until I had some with walnuts and grapes. Kinda like salt, lemon, tequila.
grin2.gif

One of my favorites as a kid was American cheese on white bread with margarine on the outsides cooked in a toaster oven. I'd still eat them if I hadn't got rid of my toaster oven.

Love some good provolone and Swiss. Love to melt crumbled blue cheese on a nice grilled burger. Feta is great on salads. Love just about all cheeses.

I take fresh rye bread, toast it and let it cool, slice some fresh red onion, spread some mustard on the rye, heavy on the onion slices and then slice some limburger cheese and you have a great sandwich.

Tuscan Pecorino cheese. It's not pecorino romano, it can be sliced, is softer towards the middle, and has a different flavor. Absolutely my fav. Perfect for a cheese sandwich, crackers, cooking and eating plain.

Originally Posted by andyd
They couldn't get the stent in, my cheese-aholic days are done. You guys have me drooling.

I eat cheese and have a calcium score of zero! I'm not at all sure cheese is the cause of atherosclerosis. Too many other factors to blame "diet and exercise" for everything. It may be comforting to know that Egyptian mummies had calcified arteries, at the same rate we do. With a vastly more healthy diet.

Tuscan Pecorino: (mmmm, mmmm)

[Linked Image from invaldera.net]

Last edited:
I like cheese, my wife says that when she sends me to the store for something, if there is a cheesey version of it, that's what I always pick. Brats... Chedderwurst, potato chips... some version with cheese in the name, etc. Not that I'm super knowledgeable about cheese, I just like cheese.

Smoked Gouda is one of my faves.

Was with one of my boys and his girlfriend's family on Father's day and they served boursin cheese warmed in a dish with marinara sauce. Scoop out a bite with warm, sliced, baguette and was really good. Of course I had to treat my wife to the same a few days later.

I like bleu cheese dressing on a salad but don't often order it because if it's bad, it can be really bad. Of course the nicer the restaurant, the better chance of it being good.

If you visit Costco I recommend the Rembrandt Gouda there. It is aged nicely and there are tiny bubbles of water and salt crystals that pop as you chew.... YUM!

Lately I've been enjoying brie, swiss, habanero gouda, and green olives stuffed with blue cheese... so good. I also like the occasional simple slice of mild cheddar, with or without apple slices.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Farmer's Cheese

Have you had the Veggie Farmers Cheese? Pretty good stuff.

Walmart has Cabot Seriously Sharp that I get all the time. I also like the mixed shredded Crystal Farms cheese, the 4 Mexican blend is good. Baby Swiss and Havarti are my favorite.

A month ago, i happened to be shopping at Whole Foods, and the cheese guy was opening up a wheel of Parmagiano Reggiano, the real deal.

It had been sitting quite a while at cool to room temperature, plus this was the cheeses first exposure to air in two years.

In the process of cutting the wheel in half, hunks of cheese naturally break off--It's not a perfectly clean cut.

Another shopper and I were treated to a surprising free one ounce piece of this cheese-- the most extraordinary, wonderful cheese I have ever tasted.

Originally Posted by Cujet
Tuscan Pecorino cheese. It's not pecorino romano, it can be sliced, is softer towards the middle, and has a different flavor. Absolutely my fav. Perfect for a cheese sandwich, crackers, cooking and eating plain.

Originally Posted by andyd
They couldn't get the stent in, my cheese-aholic days are done. You guys have me drooling.

I eat cheese and have a calcium score of zero! I'm not at all sure cheese is the cause of atherosclerosis. Too many other factors to blame "diet and exercise" for everything. It may be comforting to know that Egyptian mummies had calcified arteries, at the same rate we do. With a vastly more healthy diet.

Tuscan Pecorino: (mmmm, mmmm)

[Linked Image from invaldera.net]

Bought some yesterday to try; It's similar to Pecorino Crotonese.

Originally Posted by Direct_Rejection
A month ago, i happened to be shopping at Whole Foods, and the cheese guy was opening up a wheel of Parmagiano Reggiano, the real deal.

It had been sitting quite a while at cool to room temperature, plus this was the cheeses first exposure to air in two years.

In the process of cutting the wheel in half, hunks of cheese naturally break off--It's not a perfectly clean cut.

Another shopper and I were treated to a surprising free one ounce piece of this cheese-- the most extraordinary, wonderful cheese I have ever tasted.

Once I open a wedge, there's not much left to grate, LOL.

Back