What type of cheese is everyone into?

Supposedly articles have said cheese prices are up. I haven't noticed a big change myself even with working at a grocery store. A local cheesemaker haystack dairy has some newer cheese types. I'm really into the druken goat cheese soaked in wine along with port salut. What else has everyone else been consuming lately?

[Linked Image]

White cheese (like feta) with simit (like a bagel) and a glass of tea. Great breakfast.

I've always liked smoked gouda. Decided to try to make a smoked queso last weekend that incorporated some smoked gouda and it was stellar!

Since I don't "experiment" with cheese nor cellar it or otherwise personalize the experience, can it be said that I am "into" cheese at all?

I eat muenster, cheddars, fontina, fonduta, swiss, feta, large curd cottage cheese, cream cheese (reg & Neuchatel), mozzarella and a few others.

I detest blue cheeses. They taste like crayons. I have a long standing pact with my big sister to try blue cheese at least 4 times a year.

I don't understand American Cheese. It has no flavor and people say they love it. Love what?, I ask.

If I was King I'd redirect all ingredients used in the making of American Cheese to that of a cheese with flavor.
If that wasn't possible, I'd have it turned into synthetic oil.
Surely American Cheese is super-refined such that it'd meet a synthetic level of refinement.

Originally Posted by Kira
Since I don't "experiment" with cheese nor cellar it or otherwise personalize the experience, can it be said that I am "into" cheese at all?

I eat muenster, cheddars, fontina, fonduta, swiss, feta, large curd cottage cheese, cream cheese (reg & Neuchatel), mozzarella and a few others.

I detest blue cheeses. They taste like crayons. I have a long standing pact with my big sister to try blue cheese at least 4 times a year.

I don't understand American Cheese. It has no flavor and people say they love it. Love what?, I ask.

If I was King I'd redirect all ingredients used in the making of American Cheese to that of a cheese with flavor.
If that wasn't possible, I'd have it turned into synthetic oil.
Surely American Cheese is super-refined such that it'd meet a synthetic level of refinement.

^This. American Cheese is incredibly cheap so it's what people grew up on as kids. The low price breeds familiarity.

I can take blue cheese with something acidic or sweet (Jam, Honey). My wife hates it when I eat cheese with beer.
48.gif

If you like Swiss cheese.. do not ever try Jarlsberg Cheese.

Jarlsberg is like the top of the swiss style cheeses.

Also you can make Jarlsberg Dip (or buy it made already).

Jarlsberg Dip is something that you put out when the Queen or President stop by for a visit..its that good.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...e-one-doctor-calls-dairy-crack/98877844/

Cheese is addictive, Barnard said, because the dairy proteins inside can act as mild opiates. Fragments of cheese protein, called casomorphins, attach to the same brain receptors as heroin and other narcotics. As a result, each bite of cheese produces a tiny hit of dopamine. He calls it "dairy crack."

Originally Posted by kozanoglu
[Linked Image]

White cheese (like feta) with simit (like a bagel) and a glass of tea. Great breakfast.

mmmm

Montreal style bagels - the best.

UD

Though I don't eat much cheese these day due to CAD and one stent in my LAD, I do/did like different cheeses for different foods. For some examples:

* On pasta, I like fresh grated romano.
* With olives(Greek, Calamada) and good bread & sausage/pepperoni, I like chunks of just about any cheese. The stuff that cuts your tongue & mouth.
* On sandwiches/subs, I like swiss or provolone.
* With crackers, I like sharp cheddar(s); yellow/white, w/ jalapeno, wine cheese, brie and a bunch of name cheese I can't remember at this time.
* Mac & cheese...well, Valvita!

But as mentioned, cheese is a delicious food that I don't indulge in very often.
frown.gif

It's hard to beat Velveeta over Miracle Whip on white bread toasted in the oven. Toast it just until the "plastic" gets a few burn marks on it. Then add tomato soup with lots of ground black pepper to wash it down with....

Port Salut is probably my favorite "special cheese". I also like Jarlsberg. Muenster, Smoked Gouda, Mozzarella, and Swiss. I am more partial to white cheeses than yellow, though I will have a slice of American on a good hamburger.

The stronger the better. Generally I like harder cheeses, but a strong soft cheese is great too.

My favorite restaurant in all the world, in southern France, gives out some spectacular cheese.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As a go to for regular eating, Im a fan of Collier's Welsh Cheddar.

Reactions: GON
I had a pretty good Scot aged cheddar last year.

American Cheese should be banned.

We should be ashamed of such an embarrassing pile of sickening garbage
foisted on us by the Big FOOD Like Krafft

Back