Home Voltage Monitor with Log capability

Some years ago, we used a tool that connected 2 toroid coils over house mains. That tool was connected via Ethernet to router and it allowed for email alerts when voltage dropped below some set value or the inverse on high side. Company no longer in business.

Not looking for tool to monitor energy use, just voltage logging and the alert would be a bonus. The log capture is a must-have as I need to drop 24 hour values to power utility for line quality review.

Several kind-of tools exist on Amazon but looking for a recommendation.

I would use a simple step down transformer with a Dickson ET8 Universal Input Chart Recorder.

You would have "hard evidence"

Last edited:
If you are questioning the power quality enough to get the power company involved they should come install monitoring equipment. This should be part of the utility regulations for your state.

Originally Posted by WhizkidTN
I would suggest you research this:

I know it does more than you mentioned but the extra features it has and can do look very intriguing to me.

Sense does not support voltage monitoring or logging voltage data

APC has PowerChute-business edition software that does logging.
Just have to be careful what UPS you buy. The heavy business units are the ones that have the hardware to do the job.
They're kind of expensive new, but you can scrape used ones, refurbished, blems, from cdw.com that won't kill you on
shipping.
You need their proprietary serial cable to get the UPS to connect to a PC.

Back