Which canisters are you guys using for your 1.4 turbo GM's?

Hengst is the OE supplier, so the ACDelco is a Hengst

Mann also makes a good filter for this application, if you can find it. Part# HU 612/2x

The Fram Ultra is also available

Been using Wix cartridges for 140k miles on a Cruze 1.4l. Been buying the filters 6 in a pack and have not noticed any issues related to the filters. I did struggle resealing the oil cooler/filter housing when it started leaking around 120k. Lesson learned, do not trust aftermarket o-rings.
cheers3.gif

Been using Fram since day 1. I bought 15 or so when rockauto had a clearance of them for $1.50, they say "Made in USA" and have the Hengst patent number on them so I can only assume they were rebranded Hengst filters before Fram started making them in house or overseas.

The only worry about an oil filters is if it fails so buying a filter from one of the majors is the thing to do as they will cover the cost of their product damaging your engine. Hint,,the air cleaner is the filter to worry about if you need to worry about filter,

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Hengst is the OE supplier, so the ACDelco is a Hengst

Mann also makes a good filter for this application, if you can find it. Part# HU 612/2x

The Fram Ultra is also available

Got a half dozen Hengst from eBay … quality is visible

Originally Posted by hardcore302
Does anyone know who makes the Valvoline filters they use at their instant oil change shops?

I don't know on the Valvoline cartridges but the spin on Valvoline filters are made in China

Back