GTOs on Craigslist - Fake Listings?

Sorry. Don't see how to copy and paste here. Go to cars for sale. Type in GTO as search criteria. Both are there.

FWIW - PHS is Pontiac Historical Services, a worthwhile VIN authentication service.

I used to be heavy in Pontiac cars, and would never buy or sell one without PHS paperwork.

In 1964 and 1965 GTO was an option on the LeMans, not a separate model.

Last edited:
First thing I noticed is on 72 GTO it looks like a Le Mans base that has been transformed into a GTO. On the GTO that I have seen they have a 140 mph speedometer not the 120 MPH one. I had a 72 Le Mans sport original that had the 140 mph speedometer as well as bucket seats and a fiberglass front nose. I can't seem to find anymore that are correct. The build sheet would be helpful on it. If I had the money I would find another Le Mans sport.

Who says "dual throaty exhaust"? "The margins are even."
lol.gif

I find this style of writing offensively douchey. Seems like it wants to snare 75 year old retirees with half their marbles.

That car not only has the same description, it made it from FL to MI with the same mileage!

Yeah... A ‘69 GTO listed for half the price it brought at auction.

On Craigslist.

With only a few pictures.

Nothing at all to worry about here...but I should probably help that Nigerian Prince get his money out of the country first before wiring the seller the money for the GTO...
crazy2.gif

Last edited:
I mean, if any place is going to be a GTO haven it's metro Detroit. Do you know how many gear heads restore cars in that area? A ton. They don't call it the Motor City for nothing.

If my internet search is correct the 69 was sold by Barrett Jackson last year 30k. Yep this is a scam. The 72 is gone but I imagine it will show up again.

Back