K-Tech

Hi, new here. Im wondering about Kawasaki and the specific "K-tech oil". What distinguishes it from the other oils? What is so special about it? - thanks

HAHA but is there something though?? why are they throwing it on every oil bottle. WHAT DOES IT MEAN!?!?

They throw it on every bottle because "KTech" is their brand name. Kind of like how "Pennzoil" is on each of their bottles or "Mobil 1".

Doesn't appear to be anything special about it like others said, just another small engine company putting their name on an oil jug like Kohler or B&S. With that being said I do like the idea of using HD oil in my lawn mower. I happen to like T5.

First:

welcome2.gif

Welcome to BITOG!

Next - It might help to know what specific product you're inquiring about and in what you're intending to use this oil. Looks like a family of oils for Kawasaki small engines...

https://www.kawasakienginesusa.com/engine/accessories/kawasaki-4-cycle-engine-oil.html

Cheers,

Last edited:
What do you mean their isn't anything special about it? It's API-SL unless they haven't updated their literature, i haven't seen oil with zinc in it for years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
What do you mean their isn't anything special about it? It's API-SL unless they haven't updated their literature, i haven't seen oil with zinc in it for years.

What?

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman

Meaning every oil I've looked at that has a small engine company name on it on it is rated SL which means more zinc.

Back