Grocery store tap and run (pic)

I know a great place around the Orlando area but it appears you're about three hrs south of there. Sorry to hear abt this.

...but temptation will be difficult to fend off once the slide-hammer puller arrives .

Bummer wemay! Like others have said, go the PDR route.

Literally the same week I bought my '03 330Ci, some kid with a BB gun shot the rear quarter panel as I drove by. It left a small dent and chipped the paint, on a brand new car. I had a PDR guy fix the dent and a paint guy airbrush the paint chip. You have to look very closely, like a foot away, to see any remaining damage.

Scott

wemay
Don't mess with it. Let the PDR guy handle it. If you have comprehensive insurance, give them a call. If you go fooling with it, you are going to mess it up real bad.

thats a helluva lot more than a tap. regardless of what these "experts" here say, I haven't seen a glue popper who is going to be able to get that creased seam back to right.

That is a bummer! Reminds me of the Odyssey we bought new in 2012. It was hit or dinged 18 times in the first year and a half. After that, it has taken another 5+ years to accumulate hits #19 and 20. Something about new cars seems to attract the careless a-holes.

Well, I couldn't wait... I'm incredibly happy with the results...

Not perfect but I'm satisfied.

20200630_161859.jpg

20200630_161933.jpg

20200630_162003.jpg

I remember back in 1976 I had a brand new Porsche 911 and parked it at the farthest end of the parking lot and when I came back i had a dent just like that I was a bit upset but then realized I didn't have to worry about getting another dent in it and the car was used with out another worry. A few years later it was stolen ! Never saw the car again.

This is why we park so far away from other people, plus we take the old Crown Victoria 99% of the time in case of situations like this.

People suck, plain and simple.

Originally Posted by racer44
wemay,

Great job looks great. What did you purchase to be able to get the dent out? What type of puller ,where did you purchase it?

Hi racer44,

Thanks! On Amazon...

Capture.PNG

Originally Posted by CT8
I remember back in 1976 I had a brand new Porsche 911 and parked it at the farthest end of the parking lot and when I came back i had a dent just like that I was a bit upset but then realized I didn't have to worry about getting another dent in it and the car was used with out another worry. A few years later it was stolen ! Never saw the car again.

Very true. The initial p.i.s.s.e.d-off-ness wears off and you continue living.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by gathermewool
This is exactly why I park as far away from everyone as I can; well, that and so I can get some exercise.

Even though I still park within the lines at the end, I'll still occasionally come out to someone parked right next to my car, as if to say, "why for you park out here. You think you special, eh?" I usually fold all of their mirrors in and lift their wipers. In my mind I also deflate their tires...

My thought on this when I come out and see another nice car parked way out at the end of the lot by mine is they know why I'm there and are comfortable parking by me knowing I won't ding their door. But I always make sure They didn't hit mine. I figure all of us who park at the end are all the type who actually care and make sure we don't ding each other's vehicles.

I had the same experience with a glue popper. I got the one that uses the squeeze grip and it took 7 or 8 repeats on each dent but I was able to remove 5 dents on the door and bed side of the pickup and all but a small crease in the tailgate dent. $45 and 2 or 3 hrs vs $175/dent from the mobile guy.

I also park out in no mans land if possible. First thing I do when I get home if not at where im shopping -- unless its to dark is check for dents/dings. Even with my older vehicles -- people just dont care about other peoples property it seems. Glad your happy with your results from your kit overall wemay. Your going about it with a positive attitude and good for you.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by wemay
Originally Posted by spasm3
Any chance the store has a parking lot camera?

I checked and no, they don't have it.

They have them, but won't let you access them.

Now if someone was killed in their lot, they would be forced to provide evidence.

For this small potatoes stuff, no way.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by user52165
Originally Posted by wemay
Originally Posted by spasm3
Any chance the store has a parking lot camera?

I checked and no, they don't have it.

They have them, but won't let you access them.

Now if someone was killed in their lot, they would be forced to provide evidence.

For this small potatoes stuff, no way.

I agree, they would be bombarded with requests if it got out they shared video of every minor vehicle encounter. I'm just glad the kit i purchased and used worked flawlessly and i didn't try to muscle it back to factory look.

Last edited:
Back