Interesting grub hub experiance.

We ordered dinner. It was supposed to be here @6.25. It did not show up.

Wife got online and saw it was running late.

Another HOUR and no food.

Wife called the driver as I saw someone walking up my driveway. The driver is scared of dirt! She left her car over a mile away and walked the rest of the way.

We offered to take her to her car but she refused.

Dunno, (how does she feel about snakes?).
Guess you'll never use their service again.

People in the south drive on rain-soaked roads like they are covered with ice....
Why are they afraid of a little water?

Maybe she thought she would stuck in the dirt?
crackmeup2.gif
grin2.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Linctex
People in the south drive on rain-soaked roads like they are covered with ice....
Why are they afraid of a little water?

Maybe she thought she would stuck in the dirt?
crackmeup2.gif
grin2.gif
lol.gif

Probably because they have no tread on their tires.

One poor man here lost his daughter due to a hydroplane type accident. Crossed the center line into a semi. She had 4 small kids. At least they were not with her. They are a good family, the other siblings and grandparents are all working hard to care for the kids

Rod

Originally Posted by madRiver
Poor girl, I would have offered a tip for that effort. Guessing someone or her got stuck in dirt along the way.

We did tip when we ordered. That time of night is when the snakes are out lol

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Chris142
Poor girl, I would have offered a tip for that effort. Guessing someone or her got stuck in dirt along the way.

It's better to tip when receiving the food. Otherwise those food delivery companies reduce their pay rate by the amount of the tip, i.e. keep the tip for themselves.

Originally Posted by Alfred_B

It's better to tip when receiving the food. Otherwise those food delivery companies reduce their pay rate by the amount of the tip, i.e. keep the tip for themselves.

Seriously? Have evidence for this?? That's both crazy and seems downright theft.

Ive never been impressed with grubhub. Ive used it maybe five or so times, either when traveling and unable to get out to get real food, or when at work and unable to go out and get lunch. Most every time there was something undesirable. The minimums and fees are annoying, but I can understand having at least one or the other to avoid deliveries for $3 of stuff. Most every time the food prep took longer than claimed, and the delivery later than claimed.

I also dont like the approach that grubhub and some CC machines push tips. The percentages are after tax and much higher than customary.

Originally Posted by JHZR2

Seriously? Have evidence for this?? That's both crazy and seems downright theft.

Doordash and other food delivery services is not considered a tipped food service job and thus they do not adjust their paycheck-pay based on tips received like restaurant servers (in some states like Minnesota, the server receives the real state minimum wage and tips.) . However, any tips that is used via a credit card will be taxed. Cash is not tracked and is at the discretion of the employee to report the right amount of tips.

Last edited:
We ordered dinner through GrubHub about two months ago- it was over 2 hours late before I called and cancelled the order. I haven't used that service since.

Originally Posted by JHZR2

Ive never been impressed with grubhub. Ive used it maybe five or so times, either when traveling and unable to get out to get real food, or when at work and unable to go out and get lunch. Most every time there was something undesirable. The minimums and fees are annoying, but I can understand having at least one or the other to avoid deliveries for $3 of stuff. Most every time the food prep took longer than claimed, and the delivery later than claimed.

I also dont like the approach that grubhub and some CC machines push tips. The percentages are after tax and much higher than customary.

You can Google it. Papa John's does that, too.

You can Google it. Papa John's does that, too.

It changed for Doordash last year.

Via Doordash:
Base Pay
Base pay is DoorDash's base contribution for each order. This will range from $2-10+ depending on the estimated time, distance, and desirability of the order. Deliveries that require Dashers to travel a longer distance, that are expected to take more time, and that are less popular with Dashers will have a higher base pay. Base pay will not change based on the customer tip amount.

Customers can leave a tip when they check out or after the delivery is completed. 100% of tips are yours on top of base pay and promotions. The amount DoorDash pays will never vary based on the tip amount. For example, for two identical deliveries where one customer leaves a $3 tip and another customer leaves a $6 tip, one Dasher will earn $3 more than the other.

Tried the delivery services a couple of time, never again. Got cold food both times and both were over an hour late, then the drivers expected tips. What they got was to take the food back with them.

My first job was at McDonalds, 1966, age 16. I'll never forgot one of the guys who worked there, a whacked out freak named Sam. Everyone was scared of him. He used to make "spit shakes:" That experience forever changed my viewpoint on others preparing and handling my food. Of course I still eat out; everything from fine restaurants to McDonalds. But I'd never trust someone to handle my food in the private confines of their own car.

Scott

PS There were some "high quality" employees that worked there. The guy I made Filet of Fish with, Karl Francis Werner, look him up. I hated that place and lasted just 2 months. I got a job at a full service Texaco station and was much happier there.

I live in a population dense place. The restaurants have delivery guys....always have.
It hurts to think a cadre of businessmen had to hatch a scheme to deliver food from a nearby restaurant.
It really hurts to think that they get a cut for simply providing menus on apps.

Why use them? Seriously.

Back