Grocery store tap and run (pic)

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Came out of Publix and discovered this...
Ordered a dent puller with slide hammer. Got some of it out with the cheap suction cup. I know it won't be perfect but we do what we can. ARGH! There's a lot worse going on in life right now, I'll get over this soon.

20200629_115718.jpg

20200629_114738.jpg

Originally Posted by Char Baby
Is this the same VW that you showed with 2 other cars(Camaro & Hyundai) using TWSS?

I can't believe people!
frown.gif

Yup.

A good PDR guy could make that look like new with no body work or paint. Maybe $250 +/-. Be careful you don't make it worse with DIY efforts. I have similar damage to be repaired but my PDR guy is down in Texas for an extended stay repairing hail damage.

I have alwasy said when you get a new car truck you might as well get a hammer and dent it. That way the waiting is over.

In 100K miles I have had 3 dent events where they had to know. Many more door dings. No sense even trying.

Rod

My guy in Cape Coral would get this out and you would never know it was damaged for ~ $150 to 175. Don't mess with it and make it worse. Ed

Man that sux. No way could I live with that on a new car, (or the likely results of a DIY fix). Arizona and Florida have the same health concerns happening right now, I would probably delay having it fixed until things stabilize but it would be made right. An aggravation you just don't need.

Originally Posted by doitmyself
A good PDR guy could make that look like new with no body work or paint. Maybe $250 +/-. Be careful you don't make it worse with DIY efforts. I have similar damage to be repaired but my PDR guy is down in Texas for an extended stay repairing hail damage.

I was quoted by three from $475 - $625. For that i will try the DIY first. Thanks, i'll be very careful.

Originally Posted by spasm3
Any chance the store has a parking lot camera?

I checked and no, they don't have it.

This is exactly why I park as far away from everyone as I can; well, that and so I can get some exercise.

Even though I still park within the lines at the end, I'll still occasionally come out to someone parked right next to my car, as if to say, "why for you park out here. You think you special, eh?" I usually fold all of their mirrors in and lift their wipers. In my mind I also deflate their tires...

Last edited:
Even with a picture, collecting from someone who taps and runs may not be worth your time or aggravation. Either live with it or get it fixed and forget about it.

Originally Posted by wemay

I was quoted by three from $475 - $625. For that i will try the DIY first. Thanks, i'll be very careful.

I would not touch that one yourself. The crease is on the body line for that quarter. For those prices I would highly recommend the PDR route. Any body shop repair will be at least 3x that amount.

Originally Posted by The Critic
Originally Posted by wemay

I would not touch that one yourself. The crease is on the body line for that quarter. For those prices I would highly recommend the PDR route. Any body shop repair will be at least 3x that amount.

I agree with this.

Originally Posted by gathermewool
This is exactly why I park as far away from everyone as I can; well, that and so I can get some exercise.

Even though I still park within the lines at the end, I'll still occasionally come out to someone parked right next to my car, as if to say, "why for you park out here. You think you special, eh?" I usually fold all of their mirrors in and lift their wipers. In my mind I also deflate their tires...

I park away from the crowd, too. Once, an older gentleman in a Cadillac t-boned me...the only car around.

Terrible - so sorry to hear this. A good paintless dent guy can do a lot to help this...

Back