Clear Bra (PPF) for Truck

I got clear bra (PPF) installed on my new Ram 1500. Full hood, full fenders, headlights, painted portion of the bumper (two small pieces below the headlight) and the bottom 1/4 of each door (below the body line).

The hood on the Ram is humongous and getting the film with minimal/no contamination was tricky. Stek Dynoshield was used. Supposedly it carries a 10-yr warranty and has a built-in topcoat, but I will be applying carpro skin to the film anyway for easier maintenance. The film is very clear and looks much better than the 3M or XPEL films; the appearance is very similar to the non-top coated Suntek film.

I still need to finish polishing and coating the rest of the truck. Once that is done I will have some final pictures. But here are some pictures of the work while it was in progress.

4738C2B5-6BEB-4F0B-9FE9-4F31D062C4B4.jpeg

EFD81F9A-866E-4EA2-92D0-4C707358FBFF.jpeg

D0518DC6-0A53-442E-939A-9F3CA21F97CF.jpeg

4A7FA6BE-F997-470E-BAC9-286A22FD53B7.jpeg

Originally Posted by skyactiv
How much did that cost you?

Originally Posted by gofast182
Nice! Did you do that yourself?!

Install was hired. PPF guy and I had an exchange of work so my pricing for this job was not typical. Normal price for this job is probably between $2000-$3000 depending on your area.

I quoted the nose of a Tacoma recently...was over $3000 (Northern NJ.) At that price, seems to be a tough call on a non-exotic car.

Full hood, both front fenders, full front fascia, A pillars, mirror fronts, headlights, door handle pockets, In front of sun roof

$1,200 installed with Suntek.

Originally Posted by benjamming
How much is a new hood?

~$500, not including shipping, hardware, weatherstripping, or paint.

I got mine done on my Explorer in Connecticut for $2300...full hood, fenders, headlights, front bumper, a-pillars, front roof portion, and the 4 doors. It was done with Autobahn film. The company that installed it said that they are self healing and repels water. It's been on since April and it's been holding up pretty well. I also have pre-cut 3M film on my Fusion - partial hood, partial fenders, full bumper and side view mirrors, rear bumper, and rocker panels. I've had that on for about 5 years in Queens and paid about $1000. Ten year warranty and it's been pretty good so far. It is definitely showing its age as there are some bruises in the film on the bumper and hood. I prefer Autobahn film because it is definitely thicker and has a nice shine to it.

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by benjamming
How much is a new hood?

~$500, not including shipping, hardware, weatherstripping, or paint.

I would guess somewhere between $1-$1.5k to repair and refinish the hood, more if it needs to be blended into the fenders. The hood should be reusable if the refinish work is being done for chips only. The goal here is to preserve as much of the original paint as possible, but if that is not a concern to you, then repainting (later on) may be more cost-effective.

Originally Posted by Danno
Full hood, both front fenders, full front fascia, A pillars, mirror fronts, headlights, door handle pockets, In front of sun roof

$1,200 installed with Suntek.

Pricing depends on the market but that is an extremely good price.

Back