Amazon to pay $500 million in 'thank you' bonuses to front-line workers

This is after many got sick, they got caught firing people to spoke up, strike going on at some of their warehouses, etc...

This is them trying to close the barn doors after the horses have left. Better than nothing, but way late.

It is nice to see companies spread the wealth amongst all that help make a company successful. I am sure over the past few months their sales and profits skyrocketed.

Originally Posted by SeaJay
Its something they did not need to do, kudos.

Exactly. We have a warehouse facility 3 miles away in a somewhat rural community...Elizabethtown PA. They have 50+ trucks. I take to many drivers. They seem pretty happy working at the facility. Lots of jobs in our community. Majority are younger African Americans...great to see.

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
I wonder what the catch is, probably a contract selling your soul to Bezos.

No job is perfect. But any bonus is welcomed.

In healthcare the frontline workers don't get bonuses for just doing their jobs.

Originally Posted by Jimzz
This is after many got sick, they got caught firing people to spoke up, strike going on at some of their warehouses, etc...

This is them trying to close the barn doors after the horses have left. Better than nothing, but way late.

This.

Keep them employees happy and the packages coming to my front door!

cheers3.gif

Imagine how much profit they made during the covid lockdown with people afraid to leave the house and doing their shopping strictly on Amazon.

That's where the money is coming from, not from Bezos' own pockets.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice

In healthcare the frontline workers don't get bonuses for just doing their jobs.

Not true. Healthcare workers totally get signs put up denoting their "hero" status!

Originally Posted by Reddy45
Imagine how much profit they made during the covid lockdown with people afraid to leave the house and doing their shopping strictly on Amazon.

That's where the money is coming from, not from Bezos' own pockets.

I doubt if the workers receiving extra money care where it came from.

But, given that Bezos is a huge Amazon shareholder, money coming out of the Company's profits does reduce the worth of his stock investments and in the end some of that money does come out of his pocket.

And some have to take pay cuts too.

Originally Posted by stockrex

And some have to take pay cuts too.

This probably points to the dysfunctionality of the American workplace.

This probably points to the dysfunctionality of the American workplace.

Funny that this dysfunctionality has led to the greatest economy in the history of the planet.
If you saw the conditions that workers struggled with in the workplace during WWII...you would have had us surrender to the Axis vs having the workers endure their plight.

Nursing has been getting extra pay due to (xxx-19) at wife's MA hospital system (unions
smile.gif
) . Meanwhile she is taking cancels as professional non union. Hospitals are hurting for profitable stuff, for example they just had a "busy" ER with 39 people. In "normal" times 180 visits to ER in a day.

Any bonus is great and those Amazon people especially delivery hustles.

Back