2021 honda element?

mentioned in a scotty kilmer video. i can find nothing in mainstream automotive media. does anyone know what's going on? an updated element looks attractive to me. scotty says will be a tad lower, seats 5. my younger son had one in college, i did several long road trips with him, stuffed to the gunwales.

https://youtu.be/ZrDl8-v8vEM

Honda does not mention anything about a 2021 Element on their US website. IF it were to happen, you can bet they would at least be showcasing it somewhere. So while it may be a possibility, I highly doubt that we will see it within the next year.

I also do not credit Scotty with being a very reliable source of unbiased information.

Click bait. Wish it were true. I have a 2003 and would purchase another if available. The Element and CRV competed for sales. The CRV clearly outsold the Element over the years. Honda cancelled the Element.

Considering the Honda Element only got 21/26 MPG EPA, hard to see a return.

I wish it were true too, but there's not much legitimate looking news on a 2021 Element. I'd definitely be interested though, I love my 2007 Element. Add a 5th seat, maybe swap the suicide doors for sliding rear doors (the rear hinged doors are a pain in tight parking spots, especially with an infant seat), and I wouldn't mind a couple extra inches of trunk space. I'd buy that Honda.

Originally Posted by deoxy4
Considering the Honda Element only got 21/26 MPG EPA, hard to see a return.

While true, in 2003 the CRV was only 22/26 for the FWD automatic, while the AWD auto was 21/24. The AWD 5MT was 21/23. As opposed to Element at 18/24, depending on manual or auto, FWD or AWD (with manuals getting worse). Point being, it was worse but not greatly. A refresh should bring it up to par with today's expectations.

I'm not sure what could to justify a new Element. A lower cost CRV for younger folk who wanted to abuse the interior more with their outdoorsy activities? A low cost box on wheels with AWD?

as a general rule i prefer to buy recent/cpo cars but a new/updated honda element or scion xb would sorely tempt me. the kia soul is still with us, i know, but it's a bit too funky looking. maybe i'm not into hamster cages.

did anyone here transition from a element or xb to a soul? how do they compare?

I have an Element and test drove a Scion years ago. I am tall. It was smaller and had far less usable space for me. It felt like it was an Element built to 3/4 scale.

My brothers element he used making deliveries has over 450,000 on the clock on original eng/trans. One of those vehicles that has all the right stuff in it so of course they killed production.

I had a 2007 Element. They are neat but limited in use. I sold mine after only 18 months/18,000mi of ownership. At the time I was taking lots of road/camping trips and I thought the utilitarian nature of the vehicle would be perfect. The lack of carpet etc was great but it had a major flaw in my eyes. I found at highway speeds in high winds it was almost dangerous to drive. I almost lost it a few times doing 70 during rain with the OEM tires on my first long trip. The cross wind literally pushed us so hard sideways I lost traction ad straed to skid sideways off the highway multiple times over a 12 hour drive. A new set of tires solved that... But because of it's road manners it was very exhausting to drive getting whipped around all the time and I got sick of it. Around town and in the MN snow it's AWD was great.

It also is only has 4 seats. I didn't think that would be an issue when I purchased it but it ended up being a issue. I couldn't fold up one of the rear seats to pack up for camping and or a road trip and have another couple with us.

Anyways, I saw that episode as well and it's all speculation.

Last edited:
There is no 2021 Element and Honda has no plans to bring back the Element. Years ago Scotty Kilmer made videos giving advise based on his long career as a mechanic, now he's switched to click bait and old man rambling. Do yourself a favor and unsubscribe and click on don't recommend channel.

just look back the past 2 weeks or so and it's all click bait crap from him...Honda just changed the world...here's why fords aren't reliable anymore...Toyota changed the world with this transmission...blah blah blah...

Back